Low carb vegan breakfast suggestions

Vs39

Hello I’ve noticed the last few months I’m struggling more with my diabetes. I’m type 1 on a pump and use libre. I’ve started to find post breakfast I’m feeling **** with high bms. Breakfast for me is usually fruit (blueberries/raspberries) and either vegan yoghurt or porridge. Yesterday I was running at 18 and it took pretty much all day to get on top of it. So, just wondered if anyone can suggest some vegan breakfast suggestions? I don’t drink milk alternatives and am normally rushing in the morning to get to work. Tia

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Tempeh is quite good. Maybe you could stir fry some the night before, then heat and eat quickly in the morning.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Scrambled tofu and avocado?
You don't have to have it on toast and can prepare it the night before.

Alternatively, I eat a lot of nuts, including for breakfast.
Usually, I have them with fruit - an orange and a handful of almonds - for breakfast but the fruit is optional if you want to stick low carb.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Me too. As in type 1 on pump but not vegan! However my favourite breakfast is:
Half a can of coconut milk + + 2 tbsp of coconut flour heated to make a porridge. Top with a dollop of almond butter or berries.
I usually add an egg so you may need to add a little more non dairy milk or more of the tinned coconut milk.
I have to add 1 unit of insulin to cover this but you may need more or less.
I find coconut milk tins are cheaper in the ethnic foods section of the supermarket and I've also tried the Linwood flaxseed mixes as a sub for the coconut flour.

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tofu - you can get the Taifun one which you can just slice & eat cold or heat. It’s flavoured. Avocado & toast. Fake bacon which takes about 3m to fry. (Plant based - in all the supermarkets). Soya yoghurt & roasted nuts. HTH

Vs39

Thank you for all your suggestions! I made some pancake/fritter type thing from gram flour with sweet corn and onion and pepper, surprisingly tasty abs had it with spinach and tomatoes. My bm 2 hours after breakfast was 8.2mmol, I felt bloody fantastic!!!! I also realised I can make a batch in advance and heat them up. Will give some of the other suggestions a go too x