DisneyGuy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Negative people and negative outlooks.
Diabetes lol
Heading into my 2nd week after diagnosis of type 2. Im on 500mg of slow release metmorfin and I've been on sertraline 100mg for nearly 2 years now.

My Hba1c was 99 and I alwa
Diagnosed i was 17st 4ibs and now I'm 17st 1ibs.

I've been on a low carb diet, and so far until now I feel great, I have a stomping headache now and feel absolutely miserable and almost depressed.. I will be honest my diet was terrible because I enjoyed what I ate (alot of pizza and fast food and full fat coke at least 2 cans a day) and now I'm paying the price ans come to terms with it.

I just wish I could improve my mood/outlook and stop my headaches. Im still drinking fizzy but only Pepsi max and 7up free. And I've cut down to one day or one every other day if I can do it.

I think I just need to hear some positives about all this, yeah great I've lost weight but what is life if I cant ever again eat what I enjoy eating? It sounds ridiculous but, I used to really look forward to a dominos on a Friday eve.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have a look at keto flu, it's temporary. Drink plenty of water.

Then cheer yourself up and lookup fat head dough for your pizza.

Reactions: Lainie71

DisneyGuy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes lol

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Hi my Hba1c was 100 that was back in December four days before Christmas, was a lovely present to be told I was diabetic type 2 and overweight, (but I had cut down previous to diagnosis and already lost 1.5 stone). My reaction was total denial at first, I loved all the naughty food and still do but cant have it;) Today my readings are slowly going down, and the weight is dropping off. Looks like you are doing okay as you are losing weight, which will enable your BG to come down. It does sound like Keto Flu from what I have read. People you know will notice the weight loss, you will feel so much better. There's lots of advice on diet, keto recipes - as I was told on here that if you type in Keto and the the food you want, you will get an alternative. It does get easier I look at is as retraining my mind and the body will follow suit. Do you test your BG, have you been given a monitor.... x

DisneyGuy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes lol
Thankyou for the response and im sorry for your terribly timed diagnosis!

I havent been given a monitor, got a doctors call on Monday so I will check if I can get one then.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You will be lucky if you do.be prepared to self fund. We can help with meter. It is essential to check how food affects your blood glucose.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DisneyGuy
Give yourself some time and some self compassion. Your body is getting used to having far fewer carbs, and it will fight against it initially, like toddler being told "No".
Its probably been used to years of the bad stuff and coming off is a bit like going cold turkey.
The good news is the headaches, other aches, itchy skin and sometime odd nerve issues soon pass and life is sooo much brighter on the other side. Your mood will lift as your blood sugar lowers, your weight will drop and you will start to feel your body working as it should and hunger almost goes.
Be kind to yourself, its so worth it