New To Diabetes And Fluid Retention

clarky1964

Hi i am new to Diabetes and i have been put on insulin 3x a day i have now developed Fluid Retention in my Legs and Face can any one give advise i have also put on about 3 Stone in weight and i am Insulin Resistant .

C

catherinecherub

Hi clarky and welcome to the forum.
Not an insulin user myself so have bumped your post up to see if anyone can help.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi clarky, I am T2, insulin resistant, on Metformin, night time insulin plus insulin with meals and high doses of both. I've been on insulin for a number of years now and all that time the retained fluid has been building in my system. I currently weigh 171/2 stone (must be fluid mostly because I keep calorie intake as low as is feasible) despite trying to lose weight for years. At 5 ft 5 inches, that's almost twice the weight I ought to be. After having covid symptoms since March 2020, I frequently have difficulty breathing and have been trying to solve this problem with the help of my GP practice. They are puzzled because all the test and checks show no problems, although they can see that there is one. I have also been on diuretics for years - maybe without them I'd be worse, who knows?

Sorry not to be able to offer any useful advice, just a disappointing reality for me. I do hope there is something that can be done for you at this early stage. It doesn't help reducing the amount of fluid you take in, though. You need to keep up a reasonable fluid intake to help protect your kidneys and other organs.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Clarky and Welcome to the forum

If I was in your shoes I would be making an appointment with my GP.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone.

this thread was created over 7 years ago, and clarky only posted twice and hasn’t been seen since.
So I doubt if they will read your responses.