What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.1 !!!!! Went to bed on a 6.3. Broken sleep. Now this shocker! What gives? This can NOT be my Carbs, in fact, having seen a lift over the past week, yesterday I HALVED my carbs - that’s ONE slice of Burgen Bread instead of two. No fruit, nothing like that and I get this rubbish 8.1. Not happy....:grumpy:

Reactions: philchap1

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 at 6AM and 4.9 just now so much better than yesterday... no upward trend as of yet on xdrip and tomato which is another positive.

Yesterday however the average was 6.3 mmol/mol with about 15% of the readings above 7.5 and I think it was mainly due to the work related stress so am hoping for a better day today.

Anyway am not breaking the fast today and will take it till tomorrow morning as a minimum and hopefully that should balance out the highs of yesterday.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.1 !!!!!

Have you tried on another finger...just to doublecheck? Although broken sleep is known to cause higher BG but still I feel for you. If possible, please go for a 30 minutes walk and drink plenty of water/ fluids too as I have seen that helps in bringing down the readings swiftly.

Hope it gets in right range soon.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really busy with work, so missed a few days.

Blood sugars were 5.3 the day before yesterday, 4.7 yesterday and 4.8 today.

@DJC3 -- Will miss you, but entirely empathize with your frustrations and subsequent decision. Do you think it may be something like a virus or an infection you're not aware of?
@brcsmr, @IanHendra, @Evie-D and @Pasha -- Welcome to the forum (ehem ... mean thread of course). Brilliant progress, all.
@oldgreymare -- Hugs, 3.7 is quite low -- how did you feel with this reading?

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So far this statement is not turning out to be true. It is after a fairly long time today that my reading went all the way to 8.0 around 50 minutes back. It has come down since and is hovering in 7.3 and such, at the moment but still given it's a fasting day it is unusual.

I think its partly due to some stressful meetings I have been in since morning and partly because I did not have even a drop of water until 50 minutes back. After I had 750ml of water it has come down, so there's hope.

It's these aberrations that keep reminding me how fragile this success is despite the efforts we all put in to keep the BG under control.
Drinking more water always pays off for me.
Last few days I have reduced coffee, and increased water consumption. Fadting today at 5:30 am was 5.3. Followed a few hours later, and a drink of 300ml of water, but before late breakfast was 5.7.

KlaraB

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning was 7.1, I was surprised because normally I am under 6. An hour later (still fasting) it was 6.3.
Lately I am more often over 6, before usually 5.1 to 5.6, perhaps I don't excercise enough.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn't post yesterday as managed to do 4 different tests from the same finger prick with 4 very different results ranging from 4.1 to 5.9 so which do I take as the representative one? Totally frustrating and what a waste of strips. Was thinking about giving testing a rest but had to try again this morning. Only tried once this time to see a 5.6 which is around what I was expecting knowing what I had eaten the night before.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.1 today at 0530.
Off to work early so no time to run this morning.

Feeling motivated, did a HbA1c test last night using an A1CNow test kit , down to 41 (5.9 in old money) , that’s a 75 unit drop in 12 weeks from diagnosis (started at 116 and dropped to 62 after 8 weeks).

Off to East Midlands this morning but hopefully complete by 0930 and then out for a walk.