Looking for other mody folks x

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. I’m being tested for Mody at the moment. I will join the “group” if I get a positive test back!

biochemmama

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
Have six with MODY2 in my family. There is a vibrant MODY community (1000+members) on Facebook if you do a search. Would love to see a subthread here as well.

mike05

Type of diabetes
MODY
Hi,

I am Mody 3, been diagnosed five years ago and managing it without meds. Always happy to share my experience.

Rgds !

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, I'm MODY HNF4A (the rare type apparently) - diagnosed almost 10 years ago. My mum also has it (but only found out that it was MODY when I was diagnosed) and my brother carries the gene. My mum was told she was Type 1 and treated with insulin for 25 years. My brother's daughter was born with hyperinsulinism due to the gene. Lots going on with us! Nice to meet you all. :)

Fawbs89

Hi all, I'm MODY HNF4A (the rare type apparently) - diagnosed almost 10 years ago. My mum also has it (but only found out that it was MODY when I was diagnosed) and my brother carries the gene. My mum was told she was Type 1 and treated with insulin for 25 years. My brother's daughter was born with hyperinsulinism due to the gene. Lots going on with us! Nice to meet you all. :)
Hi Alice,

Nice to meet you.

I haven't checked into this app in a while.

I'm Mody 3 as are my mum and 2 sisters.

I'm treated with insulin as they always thought I was type 1 and after years of using insulin I didn't want to change to tablets.

My mum and sisters treat using tablets.