Sweating badly in lower body

Anuk

Hi just need advise since I started my metformin I started sweating but past week it is horrible upper body is shivering and lower body is sweating. As I approached my gp asked me to stop meds for a week and check meanwhile had bloods for thyroid came clean . I couldn’t do my daily things feels life stopped for me . Couldn’t find way out . Going mad .Please help me .

Anuk

Sorry I forgot to mention when I first diagnosed T2?my hb1ac is 84 and after 7 weeks it came to 54. Is sweating happening because of my low sugar or reaction to meds.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I forgot to mention when I first diagnosed T2?my hb1ac is 84 and after 7 weeks it came to 54. Is sweating happening because of my low sugar or reaction to meds.
Well done on reducing your blood glucose. That's a big drop, so something isgoing very well. I have no experience with metformin so don't know if that's a factor. However I did and do have a lot of sweats as my BG came down and that has continued while I've been back in range (about a year now). So it may be a factor of your glucose levels changing - I suspect the body responds to changes in levels, no matter where the levels objectively are.

Reactions: Anuk