Covid jab

Saeeda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m due to have my covid jab in a week or so. With my diabetes I wanted to ask others here who have had their jabs how they were after? Not well or fine ... basically any side effects

Sugarlisa

I’m due to have my covid jab in a week or so. With my diabetes I wanted to ask others here who have had their jabs how they were after? Not well or fine ... basically any side effects

I had my yesterday and other thing so far is a sore arm

Saeeda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m having mine tomorrow hopefully I’ll be ok

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had mine yesterday, the Pfizer one. I have slightly higher BGs and slightly raised temperature. My arm is a little sore and I am a little tired.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
I had my AstraZeneca yesterday morning and suffered full on side effects yesterday evening and overnight (headaches, chills, aches, pains, loss of appetite) things are getting progressively better today. Astonishingly I had my best FBG in a long while this morning. I'm also happy to note I have a fully functioning immune system :)

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had mine yesterday, the Pfizer one. I have slightly higher BGs and slightly raised temperature. My arm is a little sore and I am a little tired.
Don’t know about temperature but basically exactly same side effects for me. Higher bloods in the order of 1 mmol/L so slight

Pfizer too

Reactions: zand

philly1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had mine 20/2/21 and aside from a sore arm for a couple of days and chills the day of the vaccine I had no other side effects. I had the Pfizer :)

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
I've got my appointment for the first shot on Thursday, 4th at 13.20 CET (12.20 BMT). It was all done via the computer. I received a letter from the Luxembourg government giving me a website to make an appointment. On the website I was given a choice of 4 vaccination points and a calendar of times that were free. I chose the vaccination point nearest to me (naturally), and a time that suited me. I returned the email with this information and quickly received another email acknowledging receipt and telling me that I would receive a definite confirmation by email within 30 minutes. 15 minutes later I received the confirmation and information on what would be the procedure. I will see a doctor who will assess my current medications and then select the best vaccine for me. I will then receive the vaccination and afterwards will be given an appointment for the second shot..
I was happy that arrangements were so quickly and efficiently made. I'll post afterwards about any side effects I may experience, if any.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
As posted on another thread on the forum by me - but as it's directly relevant to the topic:

1. I had my first dose of Astra Zeneca this week.

2. Within one hour my arm was very sore and surrounding the injection site were small red blisters.

3. Appetite was suppressed, thumping headache and lethargic during the afternoon. Critically blood sugars were unstable rising to 9.0 before falling like a stone.

4. I awoke in the early morning following the jab feeling jittery. My bloods were 12 or so. I fell asleep again feeling very cold but awoke a few hours later to find my arm wasn't as sore, headache gone and blood sugars stabilising to the range I'm used to.

5. 24 hours after the jab, appetite returned and blood sugars ok and back to my normal variables.

6. Today, feeling fine...

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: sleepster

Max68

Had the Astra Zeneca at 12.30 today. Early days but a little dull ache in the arm but no different to the flu jab. My sister had hers on Thursday and felt as she put it, pretty grotty yesterday and had some aches as well but she has fibro so I think she expected worse. I suspect I won't notice anything until this evening/tonight/tomorrow. Not sure if you are better off having side effects as it shows the immune system is up for it! -

Update Sunday Morning - Well very weird. About 5pm yesterday the arm started feeling really sore but that subsided within 15 minutes and since then you can feel it a bit nothing more. Since late last night my neck aches a little but nothing more than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hopeful34

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Had mine Friday

No sore are.. Bit of a headache Saturday.. Feeling fine today (sun)

kleigh88

I received my first dose of astrazeneca vaccine on Saturday. Saturday night I was exhausted and fell asleep alot earlier than usual for me. I woke in the night countless times with excruciating back ache, shooting pain down my right leg, a headache that felt like it would blow my head off, sore muscles everywhere,skin felt like it had been sunburnt, very sore neck, I was not very mobile and felt like I was in a different body but Monday morning I woke up and felt absolutely fine. A little later in the afternoon I did develop a sore, red itchy lump just under the spot where the needle was inserted into my arm and again my legs felt like they had that stingy sore pain like you get from sunburn (only way I can describe it)