Freestyle Libre 2 - coming to a cinema near you!

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Just had an email from Abbott titled "Say hello to the FreeStyle Libre 2 system at no extra cost".

Typically, it is not long since I stocked up with Libre 1 to cover for any disruption over winter.

Anyway, it would be good to hear from anyone in the UK who has ordered the new version, and how they got on.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Anyway, it would be good to hear from anyone in the UK who has ordered the new version, and how they got on.

Drat, I thought you were going to tell us about a new movie starring a T1 with a libre 2. The lows, the highs, the skin rashes....:)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had an email from Abbott titled "Say hello to the FreeStyle Libre 2 system at no extra cost".

Typically, it is not long since I stocked up with Libre 1 to cover for any disruption over winter.

Was on the Abbott site a week back? & no mention of the L2. inspite of a couple of members here mentioning they have them.
Just checked the UK Libre site now & it does look like they have their act together..

Drat, I thought you were going to tell us about a new movie starring a T1 with a libre 2. The lows, the highs, the skin rashes....:)

I ain't afraid of no lows..

Bloodbusters2.jpg

TypeZero.

Very disappointing. I have a relatively new iPhone 11 and for some reason I kept getting alarms about signal loss.

I enjoyed having the low alarms but the high alarms were annoying as it doesn’t account for if you’ve had a meal or not

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very disappointing. I have a relatively new iPhone 11 and for some reason I kept getting alarms about signal loss.

I enjoyed having the low alarms but the high alarms were annoying as it doesn’t account for if you’ve had a meal or not

Hi TZ.

The signal loss. Did you or have you had any other devices tethered to your phone at any point? (Like wireless headphones.)

Can the perameters on the app not be set for the range, regarding the alarms? (Like they can with Xdrip.)

TypeZero.

Hi TZ.

The signal loss. Did you or have you had any other devices tethered to your phone at any point? (Like wireless headphones.)

Can the perameters on the app not be set for the range, regarding the alarms? (Like they can with Xdrip.)

Hi,

Yes I usually have my smart watch tethered and occasionally AirPods.

I understand that you have the ability to change when you receive alarms but I wish there was an automatic snooze button that knows you’ve just had food so doesn’t alert you until 2 hours after injection

There’s already ways of adding any medications or food you’re having so the software should be intelligent

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.

I was wondering about this.
I don't always have my phone by my side when I am around the house, so I assume that if I left my phone downstairs charging then it would complain when I went upstairs and was too far away for Bluetooth to maintain the connection.

The jury is still out about sudden dips overnight.
Rumoured to be due to sleeping on the arm with the Libre attached.
It would be disconcerting to be woken to turn over!
Then again, it would be a big improvement not to have to maximise at 8 hours sleep with a reading just before and just after to avoid losing data.

kerryh1

hi sorry to trouble you , i to have the 11iphone libre2 and am having the same trouble , keeps saying same thing signal loss .i have tried
all different things . called abbots and they saying all settings are correct . but obviously they are not as in bluetooth its not showing anything connected . did you find how to solve problem ? need help please if you have any . forgot to say mine lucky if it works twice a day does not even give me high or low alarm as always losing signal loss