Covid vaccine eligibility in Group 6

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
68C10C07-F102-48FA-89F9-62074715C8A8.jpeg
nope. I am not in group 6 due to my age.
But you should be as group 6 is not age based but does include diabetes

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are right. I should be. But I am not. Dont know what to do now. Surgery says I am not.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe contact the practice manager?
waste of time. She is related to one of the doctors, its a very small practice and they are thick with one another. Hence the impossibility of me changing practice in my very rural area.

SarahEN

waste of time. She is related to one of the doctors, its a very small practice and they are thick with one another. Hence the impossibility of me changing practice in my very rural area.
Contact NHS Wales...My sister had to go this route as they had missed my youngest niece off the shielding list despite her being a Primordial dwarf, with asthma, a liver condition & learning disabilities. The practice manager just said there was nothing she could do as apparently none of these facts were in her notes. It got sorted pretty quick after my sister complained.

Reactions: HSSS and Rachox

FIGARO5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes
I had a call last week which I respectfully declined but was asked if I wanted the vax.
I'm 59 and officially classed as "in remission" by my surgery.
West Sussex area.

Are you going to wait until your age group is called up or you are not having it at all?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Group 5 is 65-70 Group 6 is any adult with the specified underlying health conditions. and group 7 is 60-65.

Group 7 ages without conditions shouldn’t be being done yet (unless they’ve done all the higher groups)

Thank you for clarifying, I've read the blooming thing countless times and still got it wrong!!!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you going to wait until your age group is called up or you are not having it at all?

I'll likely wait a while and see how all the other test subjects get on.

The only reason I would "want" it would be to facilitate travel if there was absolutely no way to avoid it.

My immune system is pretty effective in keeping me healthy so I'm happy to rely on that.

Reactions: Flora123

jeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Know it alls, Doctors who don't have a clue about maintaining diabetes, Right wing politicians
Hi. I've yet to receive my letter inviting me to get my vaccine & I was thinking that it might be because my levels are well controlled with diet so they haven't got me in the right priority group.

Has anyone who has been diagnosed T2 but has hba1c's in the pre diabetic or normal range been invited as yet? I know there are regional difference to take into account.

I still used this site as I was diagnosed at age 3 as a Type 1 in Preston, Lancs. Now 65 years later, here I am in Canada and other than people in homes and first-line workers,(not all who have been done yet) are likely to be done by the end of June. We have a promise, likely empty at that that all who want the vaccine will be done, so I do find the complaints in Britain a bit off the mark. While I have no respect for Bojo, at least he as got this one right.

SarahEN

I still used this site as I was diagnosed at age 3 as a Type 1 in Preston, Lancs. Now 65 years later, here I am in Canada and other than people in homes and first-line workers,(not all who have been done yet) are likely to be done by the end of June. We have a promise, likely empty at that that all who want the vaccine will be done, so I do find the complaints in Britain a bit off the mark. While I have no respect for Bojo, at least he as got this one right.
Oh I'm not complaining at all & apologies if that how it came across. Its the one thing we've got right imo. I was simply wondering if the fact my diabetes was well controlled with diet would mean I wasn't in group 6. I would not even blame them if it was the case. I'd just make other arrangements when I move.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
seems its a post code lottery with some areas getting through the lists faster.
I got a text on Monday and assumed the big D had put me into group 6, but happened to be at the gp surgery that day and they looked it up and said I was definitely in group 7 and only called because of my age. Hubby is also in group 7 but a couple of years younger and hasn't been called yet.

The downside of all that means that I don’t think the surgery has recorded me as diabetic . I have to chase everything every time and nothing shows on my online record for the past year, not even the skin lesion they referred me to consultant about.

SarahEN

Anyone who is still waiting, you can now book as a clinically vulnerable person via the national booking service. No need to wait til you get a call.