EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Just noticed a highly suspicious new user thread, reported it, and then attempted to answer with a

Your opening thread is highly suspicious, please justify.

It was gone before I could post the reply.

So it's nice to know that you are acting so quickly.:)

(I very much doubt that my report had any effect, you were just quick to notice the post before I reported).

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Just noticed a highly suspicious new user thread, reported it, and then attempted to answer with a

Your opening thread is highly suspicious, please justify.

It was gone before I could post the reply.

So it's nice to know that you are acting so quickly.:)

(I very much doubt that my report had any effect, you were just quick to notice the post before I reported).

Yes, I have been a moderator on a very well known and busy online forum related to my work for 3 years. It's a big commitment and you can sometimes feel you're walking along a tightrope, with crosswinds and a postage stamp sized safety net!

The moderators here are knowledgeable, affable, courteous and brimming with commonsense. Kudos to them all. And the ones I've interacted with @Rachox, @Goonergal, @antje77 @Brunneria @Jaylee - massive thanks for a job well done.

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I have been a moderator on a very well known and busy online forum related to my work for 3 years. It's a big commitment and you can sometimes feel you're walking along a tightrope, with crosswinds and a postage stamp sized safety net!

The moderators here are knowledgeable, affable, courteous and brimming with commonsense. Kudos to them all. And the ones I've interacted with @Rachox, @Goonergal, @ANTJE @Brunneria @Jaylee - massive thanks for a job well done.
Thank you, and thanks to @EllieM for starting this thread, it's much appreciated, and to @Peter03 as well :)

I'm a mod in a small and friendly Facebook group as well. Main difference is moderating on Fb is very much an individual thing (it's simply not set up for working together, even if you want to), on here there's a lot of teamwork, which makes the job an enjoyable one with a bigger safety net (although the tightrope analogy still holds up).

However, if this @ANTJE ever logs in again, she'll be scared off immediately by all the alerts she has, considering she never logged in again after joining almost six years ago! :hilarious:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Thank you, and thanks to @EllieM for starting this thread, it's much appreciated, and to @Peter03 as well :)

I'm a mod in a small and friendly Facebook group as well. Main difference is moderating on Fb is very much an individual thing (it's simply not set up for working together, even if you want to), on here there's a lot of teamwork, which makes the job an enjoyable one with a bigger safety net (although the tightrope analogy still holds up).

However, if this @ANTJE ever logs in again, she'll be scared off immediately by all the alerts she has, considering she never logged in again after joining almost six years ago! :hilarious:
Let me fix this...sorry @Antje77 !

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words & thoughts.

As you would imagine we as a team don't spend all our time racing about in Lycra like Guardians of the Galaxy.
20% of it is spent training rigorously in a boot camp just ouside Warrickshire. ;)

Rest assured the report button works. :cool:

Reactions: urbanracer

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As you would imagine we as a team don't spend all our time racing about in Lycra
We don't?
20% of it is spent training rigorously in a boot camp just ouside Warrickshire. ;)
I've missed all those training sessions in the past year, thanks to covid and restrictions on international travel. You could have told me the lycra thing was a thing of the past...

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Why not? It would cheer us all up
I'm afraid my neighbours would become seriously worried about me, and we don't want that, do we?
I'd pretty much resemble Daffyd Thomas (but with darker hair) which would undoubtedly cheer you up, but what about my image as a serious moderator?

Reactions: BRSBRI

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Aw, thanks. :)

Although the whole lycra/bootcamp image nearly put me off my brekkie.
Never got THAT memo.

Going back to bed now, with my teddy bear and a cuppa.

Reactions: Peter03

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Where is DCUKMOD these days. Is she still around? Haven’t seen anything from her in ages,

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd also like to join to say thanks. I suspect that some days it can be difficult to get the balance right between letting a newbie know that their advice/suggestion was not as well thought out as they thought or might actually hurt someone without making them feel bad about trying to help.

This forum is wonderful. The world will never know how much money it is saving the various health systems around the world let alone the mental health aspects as well. I hope someday the need for this forum won't be as acute but I plan to stick around here forever. Even once the medical profession understand how to actually treat type 2s (which is all I have knowledge about) there is something particularly helpful in advice given by people who have been there.

Thank to the mods and everyone who contributes. Yes-I would like to see a picture of the mods in lycra a la the guardians of the galaxy. Guardians of the blood sugars perhaps?

Reactions: urbanracer