Not losing weight on insulin and keto

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
Been doing it for a month
But only lost 1 lbs
Persevere. If you suffer from fatty liver it can take 6-8 weeks to release all the liver excess fat stores. This is key to improved insulin sensitivity. I understand that this happens first, before fat burning ketosis of other fat stores. Insulin is a nightmare for promoting fat storage, but it is a really important tool to help keep you free from the toxicity effects of high BGs.

I am now experimenting with more extended fasting (as a T1 ditching insulin will never be an option for me) - 36 hrs x twice a week, as I don't lose weight on keto, OMAD, etc. For consistent BG control I need to be relatively LC or even fully keto.

Lipgloss1971

Persevere. If you suffer from fatty liver it can take 6-8 weeks to release all the liver excess fat stores. This is key to improved insulin sensitivity. I understand that this happens first, before fat burning ketosis of other fat stores. Insulin is a nightmare for promoting fat storage, but it is a really important tool to help keep you free from the toxicity effects of high BGs.

I am now experimenting with more extended fasting (as a T1 ditching insulin will never be an option for me) - 36 hrs x twice a week, as I don't lose weight on keto, OMAD, etc. For consistent BG control I need to be relatively LC or even fully keto.
Hi ,
Thanks for the info , I don’t know it could take Up to 8 weeks, this gives me hope !
It’s so difficult isn’t it , but thank you .
Good luck with your regime, guess it all takes tweaking .

Lipgloss1971

How long have you been doing the keto second time round?
Whilst it can be relatively magical miraculous takes a bit more time!
Hi there ,
Apologies for the late reply ,
I’ve been doing it for just under 8weeks now .
Fasting 18/6
On my first 36hour fast 22 hours in (not quite sure how to manage my lantus but will check bloods regularly )
thanks for replying to me
Kinda hard to know what to do for the best