What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Result :woot: Obviously we've never met in real life so we might both be total bleeps but I'll go out on a limb and say it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Haha.. total bleeps...:hilarious:

Cheers, though.
I Do try...:D

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some of the elderly getting their vaccines seem to believe they have been freed from a huge burden and are now released.
I am afraid we have had a serious problem hung round our necks like the Ancient Mariners albatross.
But we are paying the price for others not treating the planets creatures with respect.
I wish I could see complete normality coming back to us in all our futures.

What next will we have to face?
Meanwhile Nigeria's affluent are driving their bush meat illegal trade.
I would like to think the Chinese have stopped killing pangolins and eating bats and trading them in disease ridden wet markets but I wouldn't hold my breath.
D.

Yes it was a chance for the world to catch it's breathe ..and begin in a different direction.

But vested interests won't let go, until forced or something replaces it.

Sadly, while I'm one of those thinking it's happier days ahead, I will be taking lesson from this experience now, because it isn't over yet.

Another variant or climate change or something else will pass before us oldies are dust

Hopefully some lesson will have been learned, some life's changing directions & For many the realisation, with those in charge serving themselves and their own agendas first,
we were always really on our own,
and we ARE a lot tougher then we thought.

Perhaps "They" shouldn't underestimate, the 'little oeople' quite so Easily.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Let us know how you're doing...Arthur the Poodle has already told me he'd like an update..

T2D is a roller coaster...I find I do one thing and it somehow effects the diabetes or something else like sending cholesterol through the roof... The trials and tribulations.
Please let Arthur the Poodle know that my BS is behaving better this evening - unlike Archie the Labrador.

As my BS is still quite low I thought it a good idea to have some mascarpone cheese this evening. I put it down on the low table next to my chair and he grabbed it. He has never stolen food before but decided to make an exception for my mascarpone.

Mr K spilt his whisky trying to stop him.

Reactions: BRSBRI

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

5.3 this morning

Just a quick post today, don't think my cranky old body liked the covid jab yesterday :sorry: I was fine for about 4 hours then I got a stinking headache and went off to bed early, couldn't get warm so not much sleep.

Dosed up on paracetamol and went shopping and dropped mum's stuff off then I went back to bed for the afternoon ;) Feeling a bit better and not as achy now so hopefully back to more normal tomorrow :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)
Good that you are feeling a bit better now. Hope you are completely back to normal tomorrow.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please let Arthur the Poodle know that my BS is behaving better this evening - unlike Archie the Labrador.

As my BS is still quite low I thought it a good idea to have some mascarpone cheese this evening. I put it down on the low table next to my chair and he grabbed it. He has never stolen food before but decided to make an exception for my mascarpone.

Mr K spilt his whisky trying to stop him.

Gave a hug,
But not sure of tone, if honest ..

I knew Archie was poorly recently, I suspect under the annoyance, might lay some relief he seems to have gotten a little cheeky.

Does make an amusing story, if seen from that light .

Best wishes getting the better of the BG, not the same i'm sure,but anytime I've dropped into the 4's I've felt spectacularly 'off'
A most unpleasant feeling.
God know what a low 4 or even a 3 must feel like

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

I am not talking to that cat.
Why?
He stole my phone.
A friend emailed "You're not answering my WhatsApp messages..."
I put down iPad and look for phone. It had been on my lap.
I look down the blankets on me. I look down the duvet...
I email my friend, "I can't find my phone. I've lost my phone..."
"Take the bed apart," she replies...
I take everything off my bed, look inside the pillow cases...
No phone...
Then I realise that the cat is sitting at the bottom of the bed looking at me. He has not moved despite me frantically looking for my phone in the bed.
Not moved...
I go closer to the cat, keeping eye contact. His eyes grow wider. Very wide eyes for Popeye. I slide my hand underneath him. And pull out my phone.
His eyes widen as though I am going to say something to him.
I say nothing and walk away.

I realised that earlier he had got between the blankets and was working his way down the bed, unseen by me. Apart from this hump, under the blankets, making its way down my bed. I had wondered why he was making so much effort, and so I thought he was just making himself comfortable. But no, he had intentionally dragged my phone down to the bottom of the bed and sat on it to hide it.

Here is my digital painting for today in Procreate...

DDA8E536-0CB5-4317-BA84-A865771331C0.jpeg

I will have to love you and leave you. Things I have to do. I will play catch up later...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and Dracula delivered a 6.2 for me today, BG scores are probably the only Roller Coaster I shall be enjoying for awhile.

A fine spring start to the day here and I have convinced Mrs MC to bike ride with me this morning to sort out her horse as our Golf is off the road with broken coil and Mrs MC refuses to drive Wilfrid our VW camper van, so two Muddy Cyclists today. :) What the rest of the day brings I have no idea other than some art and music recordings which are coming in thick and fast.

Keep safe and seek some enjoyment from your day.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Why?
He stole my phone.
A friend emailed "You're not answering my WhatsApp messages..."
I put down iPad and look for phone. It had been on my lap.
I look down the blankets on me. I look down the duvet...
I email my friend, "I can't find my phone. I've lost my phone..."
"Take the bed apart," she replies...
I take everything off my bed, look inside the pillow cases...
No phone...
Then I realise that the cat is sitting at the bottom of the bed looking at me. He has not moved despite me frantically looking for my phone in the bed.
Not moved...
I go closer to the cat, keeping eye contact. His eyes grow wider. Very wide eyes for Popeye. I slide my hand underneath him. And pull out my phone.
His eyes widen as though I am going to say something to him.
I say nothing and walk away.

I realised that earlier he had got between the blankets and was working his way down the bed, unseen by me. Apart from this hump, under the blankets, making its way down my bed. I had wondered why he was making so much effort, and so I thought he was just making himself comfortable. But no, he had intentionally dragged my phone down to the bottom of the bed and sat on it to hide it.

Here is my digital painting for today in Procreate...

View attachment 47688

I will have to love you and leave you. Things I have to do. I will play catch up later...
Spooky tree and moonlight or even a misty sun, either way a good strong image. Was Popeye making a Catcall? Whoops maybe a little Non PC for the forum. :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Gave a hug,
But not sure of tone, if honest ..

I knew Archie was poorly recently, I suspect under the annoyance, might lay some relief he seems to have gotten a little cheeky.

Does make an amusing story, if seen from that light .

Best wishes getting the better of the BG, not the same i'm sure,but anytime I've dropped into the 4's I've felt spectacularly 'off'
A most unpleasant feeling.
God know what a low 4 or even a 3 must feel like
You are right that Archie has got a bit cheeky since his almost miraculous recovery from the stroke. He was so scared when he couldn't stand or eat or drink and now it seems that he is trying to make the most of every day and is really enjoying life being normal again.

He is also taking advantage of us being so relieved he is back to normal. It was funny though and at least I had more mascarpone in the fridge and Mr K had more whisky.

Feeling 'spectacularly off ' is a very accurate description of what I feel like in the low 3s.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all... gearing up to a return but have been catching up with post-AO snoozles, admin et al.
Having been told I am on the shielding list (after a year of dutifully meandering to Sainsibury's every couple of weeks or so!) I got no fewer than THREE letter versions of the NHS email yesterday telling me the self-same thing. Somewhere a tree has died... in vain, I feel.
I was actually a bit worried that I haven't had anything official to tell me to rock up for my jab on Tuesday, but I wandered up to the surgery when I went to pick up my meds and as the place I have to go is the other surgery site I just need to turn up and the nicer receptionist checked again for me and confirmed time and date.

Cave-dweller has his birthday on Tuesday and annoyingly skulked around the house yesterday (either a sicky or a day off) but I hear him clattering about so I shall skulk upstairs until he heads to work.

Cleaners coming at 9 ... for an extended clean as they stood everyone in February so I will have to move around the house and stay out of their way! In fact if the weather is nice I will finally get that golf net and mat set up in the garden! Oh. Just looked out the window. Bit grey so perhaps not!

I will have a second lock-down birthday but... things to look forward to: Meeting dating-site guy in person after months of video calls, seeing my support-bubble fam after 29 March as my cousin's husband and their older son and I all have our birthdays on 21 March... and seeing my best friend in Manchester in May.

People are going crazy booking holidays. After 17th May, I am going to travel down to Colchester, visit my parents' graveside and then go see the parents of one of my besties from school and I think I shall call them today as they have been speared with the jabs recently too.

Because I still need to look after the pennies, until I have been able to put away the £900 school bestie lent me, I might only go for Swipey once a month. BUT we should make a first withdrawal from the platform I publish all Britwatch work on (tokens released for clicks) and that should start saving me from paying out running costs and contributors from my ow pocket which makes at the very least about £150 a month difference... so fingers crossed I might be able to afford Swipey at the very least.

Look forward to being back properly from Monday!

lindisfel

Expert
After two days of rain they forecast a better day today.
Our friend, the young vet, brings our Lidl shopping this am and we have a chat outside, which makes a nice change, even though all three of us are in face masks. Its usually about animals and the countryside, its nice to get away from the current news obsession.

Have a good day everyone.
D.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
6.2 fbg this morning despite being very good on the dinner last night perhaps due in some part to the midnight call for work which lasted till 2am :( The joys of dealing with Californians...At least the plan for the 2nd ½ of 2021 is signed off...

Off to M+S down the road on my newly acquired off-road trike - plenty of room for the stores and get exercise too. Then at 0930, work day full of video conferences.

Hope all is well in your world(s)...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning. A 5.0 on Swipey started Bread of Heaven day - 6 Nations biggy Saturday. Would Cloud ruin the scansion? Appeasing Baal, Ashtoreth and Molech (Libre, scales and fitbit) trio with food and drink offerings is rather missing the point of those gifts being the very definition of sacraments, IMHO. I need to monitor not worship. As per @jjraak the Archie story was funny but hypo not so @Krystyna23040 . Hug for your hypo @karen8967 and vaccination after effects @geefull . Good to see you back @RFSMarch - March 21st was my late mum's birthday. Bike rides for Mrs @Muddy Cyclist and @BRSBRI. Popeye the phone thief strikes again @gennepher. Deep in Uni days here but I love this song and it is very relevant just now IMHO. Lyrics. Pip Pip old toots.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a delightful sunny start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of the rest of the roasted celeriac with a couple of eggs and some spinach came in at 4.8 this am
@Muddy Cyclist - a fine, strong seascape - those waves crashing against the rocks from all directions.
@geefull - hope you continue to quickly improve and that you are a lot better today.
@gennepher - wonderful atmospheric art from you despite the invasion of a cat burglar. Love the reflections and those trees barely made out.

Funeral went well and thank you all for your kind thoughts. Time is brief, getting over to France to visit with my parents is high on my list of desires, although that list is very short and contains supplies of koffy. “Unindicated and unknown is the length of life of those subject to death.” (Buddha). We plan to have a family gathering once restrictions are lifted in order to celebrate MIL’s life.
We think that we may be able to open up our little house on the prairie come April - a bit late but never mind - there will be a bit of airing out to do, water to switch on and some tidying up outside.

My dad likes frogs and newts and had newts living in their pond when they lived in Somerset (named Kinka and (******-as-a). So, another frog for my dad - ink on rice paper - about 4x10 inches. Hope that everyone has a good day today and can make the most of it. I shall, of course, begin with koffy.
upload_2021-2-25_8-26-4.jpeg

(Edited by moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mojo37 and BRSBRI

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who remember skipping.......lessons in school.

A 6.2 and "eyes of blue" this morning. Me and me's are saying nothing about that meter. Mutter, Mutter, mutter.

Today Mrs J has her jab, I hope they have reinforced needles to penetrate her dragon scales.

Now I must go and make her early morning tea, I know my place.

Stay well, stay safe and stay as vertical as possible.

(Edited by moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
mmh no expert, BUT., here goes my take.....;):D

I believe your premise is correct
You do or have increased your tolerance to carbs, short term.

As have I , I suspect.
But given it took me 60 odd years to get to T2D status, I'm pretty sure that Tolerance is short and within months of higher carbs I'd be back at my DX level of HBA1c.

Regarding the morning FBG, perhaps it is similar to checking the car oil level.?
we've been standing all night unused, everything glucose wise has drip, drip, dripped back into place, and levelled out.

Sure you know all this, but just to explain my thinking for others.

That why we take that check before we have had food or exerted ourselves.
because once the day begins just like starting a car the (Oil/Glucose) gets sloshed around as we idle, rev up, or speed off
all of which uses and makes call on the energy source, gas/glucose

That FBG, given the caveman scenario of olden times, is something the body generates, to enable us, if we had gone without food or too little of it, the day previous.
(Our bodies as hosts to us, gets a bit concerned, we MIGHT kill it, so it looks out for us.)
In this case by giving us sufficient energy to HUNT/Scavenge, so we can eat, and thus save our Body from harm.

However in the modern day, for T2D we have the opposite problem, to much to begin with, so any extra not required.
(see Jason Fung for further info. Best book I've read on T2D 'The Diabetes Code)

So i see that FBG rather like measuring something toxic (to us certainly)

bit of a conundrum,
Given we have all blamed the odd FBG on foods etc,

but it's a slow riser over time, as the toxicity within us grows,
so i do believe it is better as a longer term predictor of just where we are on that toxic glucose scale, so more use as an average, rather then a high low water mark on any given day.

Took a few weeks for mine to come down to sensible levels after DX, was bobbing along in the 5-6 zone quite happily, but since my mishap, it rarely ducks below 7..ho hum

Happy to hear others ideas/opinions and being shot down in flames..:hilarious:

I believe you meant to say Dawn Phenomenon here.
That FBG, given the caveman scenario of olden times, is something the body generates, to enable us, if we had gone without food or too little of it, the day previous.