What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.15am FBG 5.1
MrSlim told me last night that he has been trying to contact the doctor. Bit relieved that he has realised he needs to.
Now i have to go and get ready for the arm sticking ritual.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Makes me so proud of my fellow citizens and hang my head in shame that nearly 4 decades of my life were spent working in education. There will probably be a press conference to claim a world leading result only He could have managed. So, we set great store by individual responsibility - except for the needless deaths of thousands due to That Bleep Man. Still, Spurs won and Bale scored . I'm all right Jack. Keep your head down Ian.:angelic:

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning and no dramatic low blood sugars overnight.

We are escaping house arrest this afternoon with a lovely drive through the countryside to our vet who is 10 miles away so the dogs can have their booster jabs.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finished my first watercolour stormy sea....

A4 size, two more to do....

View attachment 47681
When I have done three like this I will go back to trying abstracted oil painting of the same subject. These will get me in the mood one hopes.
Great forceful powerful waves @Muddy Cyclist
I look forward to he next two...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

5.3 this morning

Just a quick post today, don't think my cranky old body liked the covid jab yesterday :sorry: I was fine for about 4 hours then I got a stinking headache and went off to bed early, couldn't get warm so not much sleep.

Dosed up on paracetamol and went shopping and dropped mum's stuff off then I went back to bed for the afternoon ;) Feeling a bit better and not as achy now so hopefully back to more normal tomorrow :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)
Hope you are feeling better now @geefull
x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please let Arthur the Poodle know that my BS is behaving better this evening - unlike Archie the Labrador.

As my BS is still quite low I thought it a good idea to have some mascarpone cheese this evening. I put it down on the low table next to my chair and he grabbed it. He has never stolen food before but decided to make an exception for my mascarpone.

Mr K spilt his whisky trying to stop him.
Oh dear @Krystyna23040

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spooky tree and moonlight or even a misty sun, either way a good strong image. Was Popeye making a Catcall? Whoops maybe a little Non PC for the forum. :)
Thank you for the painting compliment @Muddy Cyclist
That cat is glowering at me from under the bedcovers...he doesn't like being ignored...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who remember skipping.......lessons in school.

A 6.2 and "eyes of blue" this morning. Me and me's are saying nothing about that meter. Mutter, Mutter, mutter.

Today Mrs J has her jab, I hope they have reinforced needles to penetrate her dragon scales.

Now I must go and make her early morning tea, I know my place.

Stay well, stay safe and stay as vertical as possible.

And naughty naughty but funny about the needle....poor Mrs AJ....she has the patience of a Saint

(Edited by moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I believe you meant to say Dawn Phenomenon here.
That FBG, given the caveman scenario of olden times, is something the body generates, to enable us, if we had gone without food or too little of it, the day previous.

Indeed...:D:hilarious:

Still stand by the longer term measure v daily low tide mark.:bag:

Fantastic news re Mr Slim.
Let's hope appointment is soonest, and all can be resolved by the simplest measures or medicines.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a delightful sunny start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of the rest of the roasted celeriac with a couple of eggs and some spinach came in at 4.8 this am
@Muddy Cyclist - a fine, strong seascape - those waves crashing against the rocks from all directions.
@geefull - hope you continue to quickly improve and that you are a lot better today.
@gennepher - wonderful atmospheric art from you despite the invasion of a cat burglar. Love the reflections and those trees barely made out.

Funeral went well and thank you all for your kind thoughts. Time is brief, getting over to France to visit with my parents is high on my list of desires, although that list is very short and contains supplies of koffy. “Unindicated and unknown is the length of life of those subject to death.” (Buddha). We plan to have a family gathering once restrictions are lifted in order to celebrate MIL’s life.
We think that we may be able to open up our little house on the prairie come April - a bit late but never mind - there will be a bit of airing out to do, water to switch on and some tidying up outside.

My dad likes frogs and newts and had newts living in their pond when they lived in Somerset (named Kinka and Pi**ed-as-a). So, another frog for my dad - ink on rice paper - about 4x10 inches. Hope that everyone has a good day today and can make the most of it. I shall, of course, begin with koffy.
View attachment 47689
Thank you for the painting compliments...
This frog is absolutely amazing @dunelm
Glad the funeral went well.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a delightful sunny start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of the rest of the roasted celeriac with a couple of eggs and some spinach came in at 4.8 this am
@Muddy Cyclist - a fine, strong seascape - those waves crashing against the rocks from all directions.
@geefull - hope you continue to quickly improve and that you are a lot better today.
@gennepher - wonderful atmospheric art from you despite the invasion of a cat burglar. Love the reflections and those trees barely made out.

Funeral went well and thank you all for your kind thoughts. Time is brief, getting over to France to visit with my parents is high on my list of desires, although that list is very short and contains supplies of koffy. “Unindicated and unknown is the length of life of those subject to death.” (Buddha). We plan to have a family gathering once restrictions are lifted in order to celebrate MIL’s life.
We think that we may be able to open up our little house on the prairie come April - a bit late but never mind - there will be a bit of airing out to do, water to switch on and some tidying up outside.

My dad likes frogs and newts and had newts living in their pond when they lived in Somerset (named Kinka and Pi**ed-as-a). So, another frog for my dad - ink on rice paper - about 4x10 inches. Hope that everyone has a good day today and can make the most of it. I shall, of course, begin with koffy.
View attachment 47689

A great little wish list with marvelous reasoning ..let's hope it all comes to pass.

And always in awe of how our troupe of artistes, with a flourish of brush and paint ( other mediums available ) can render such magnificent visions of all sorts.

Particularly liked that frog
Well done

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Please let Arthur the Poodle know that my BS is behaving better this evening - unlike Archie the Labrador.

As my BS is still quite low I thought it a good idea to have some mascarpone cheese this evening. I put it down on the low table next to my chair and he grabbed it. He has never stolen food before but decided to make an exception for my mascarpone.

Mr K spilt his whisky trying to stop him.
Oh my - quite the scene of domestic bliss ...Archie has eclectic taste.

Arthur very early last year (pre Covid era as it now seems to be known) decided he wanted to recreate a scene from Fiddler on the Roof and got stuck up the chimney. Avon Fire and Rescue were incredible and fun too. Coffee and Eccles cakes all round as Arthur sat looking all bemused...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning. A 5.0 on Swipey started Bread of Heaven day - 6 Nations biggy Saturday. Would Cloud ruin the scansion? Appeasing Baal, Ashtoreth and Molech (Libre, scales and fitbit) trio with food and drink offerings is rather missing the point of those gifts being the very definition of sacraments, IMHO. I need to monitor not worship. As per @jjraak the Archie story was funny but hypo not so @Krystyna23040 . Hug for your hypo @karen8967 and vaccination after effects @geefull . Good to see you back @RFSMarch - March 21st was my late mum's birthday. Bike rides for Mrs @Muddy Cyclist and @BRSBRI. Popeye the phone thief strikes again @gennepher. Deep in Uni days here but I love this song and it is very relevant just now IMHO. Lyrics. Pip Pip old toots.

Brill song choice
Very apt given the shower in charge

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
I now M&S are having a hard time but didn't realise they were having to open up branches in farmers barns in the middle of fields.:)
In the end I just walked as I've had a bike knicked before outside there...but I'll go for a whirl at lunchtime

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 fbg this morning despite being very good on the dinner last night perhaps due in some part to the midnight call for work which lasted till 2am :( The joys of dealing with Californians...At least the plan for the 2nd ½ of 2021 is signed off...

Off to M+S down the road on my newly acquired off-road trike - plenty of room for the stores and get exercise too. Then at 0930, work day full of video conferences.

Hope all is well in your world(s)...

Now , without meaning to offend.

You are a recent member to this end of the forum, so you may not be aware of our rules & etiquette, so I'm inclined to plead for leniency for you .this time.

But rule 17 (part c) paragraph 4
Does state and I quote.

"No postee, shall post anything that might incline interest in the reader, WITHOUT providing more details in said post "

So, an off road trike, huh

No other words but that and NO pictures....tut, tut.

Schoolboy error.

Pictures or links perelease :D

Reactions: BRSBRI