Keto diet carb counting

Lizzieluvs

What does everyone use to check carb content? I have been using the my fitness pal and other websites but I’ve noticed they have differing numbers. Looking up bacon my fitness pal says zero carbs but then google says 1.4g per 100g same with red peppers when I’ve checked it has been quite a big difference in amount of carbs.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the UK supermarket web sites to check carb numbers. They may differ slightly between themselves, but they are generally accurate enough. Some apps use US data which includes the fibre content in the total carbs which I find confusing.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I read the labels and add it up in my head.

Lizzieluvs

I use the UK supermarket web sites to check carb numbers. They may differ slightly between themselves, but they are generally accurate enough. Some apps use US data which includes the fibre content in the total carbs which I find confusing.

that’s a good idea thankyou

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bear in mind they are all approximates so it is not surprising they vary.
One pepper may be sweeter or more ripe or grown in different soil or had more rain whilst they were growing or ... than another.

Remember when using Google that the way the US report carbs is different to the UK - US will include fiber which is not digested so will need to be subtracted. Whereas the UK carb labe will exclude fibre so nothing to subtract.

Reactions: Lizzieluvs