What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and eggs and refried vegies and tomatos for breakfast, not much for lunch a salad sandwich from the pie shop eaten on the run. Savoury liver and bacon adn some vegies for dinner.

I am going to have to do something about what I eat for lunch when I am working,

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and half a packet of coconut bites.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: salmon in peppercorn sauce and mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Reactions: maglil55

Onlinecaroline

Lunch : 3 eggs mashed in a cup with butter

Dinner: H/m aubergine lasagne

30g of Montezuma Black Forest and a cuppa.

It was the last of the chocolate, no point in leaving a square in the fridge

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.30 am FBG 4.8
Breakfast. Grain free nut granola, splash of milk and 2x CWC.
Mid morning: CWC, 2 biscuits (better not buy those choc hazelnut ones again)
Lunch one slice toast (11.5g carbs)with ham and cheese. Lettuce and mayonnaise
Cup of tea

Does anyone know if freezing bread produces resistant starch?

Afternoon.cup of tea
Wine before dinner
Dinner, pork chop, onion gravy, cauliflower in cheese sauce, few carrot slices and cabbage. MrSlim had another of the cinnamon rolls but i wasn't tempted. Did have more wine though.
Stressful discussion re health issues. Seems MrSlim will be needing another operation. Not major surgery but always worrying.
Thank you to @MrsA2 and @DJC3 for the welcome back.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Nicole T

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pancakes, made from arrowroot powder instead of flour. Much lower carb, and I'd challenge anyone to tell the difference.

For 2 fairly thick pancakes
100g arrowroot powder : 13g/100g carbohydrate
100g milk (I tend to weigh rather than measure, but guessing roughly 1g=1ml): 5g/100ml carbs.
2 eggs. Give it a stir and then a good shake.

Works out at 9g carbohydrate per pancake, which is well within the range I'm happy to have at mealtimes. I only had one (my son had the other) and it was filling enough. I did add a tiny drizzle of honey for flavour, which will have increased the carb content a bit. I've sprinkled them with powdered erythritol before now, which is nearly as nice.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
I am even further behind than usual. I cannot remember what my lunches were other than Dr Almond bread/cheese/eggs featured heavily. I really like the taste and texture of this bread but generally it gives me a windy tum, sorry TMI. I am persevering because it is so useful for lunch in winter with soup or something else. The fridge has been really empty this last week especially since the weekend. I have just come back from my fortnightly C&C and I can’t believe I forgot to order mini Marmite Cheddars. Doh! Back on track Monday supper was Bolognese with broccoli florets, couldnt get hold of a courgette. Tuesday was panfried lamb chop with mushrooms and a tomato. I didnt enjoy as much as usual as I rushed it and the fat wasnt rendered enough. A common mistake on Masterchef! Yesterday was mushroom & tomato omelette. Tonight will be Fish Finger Firsday as usual with a spoon of roasted med veg. I am having my Covid jab this aft so glad my turn has come though I wont be able to relax till Mr PM has his.
@maglil55 sorry to read about your brother, very tough time for you all.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

OMAD today. Had a late afternoon medical appointment which required at least 6 hours water fasting so settled for tea with cream this morning and set the IP off so that some delicious short ribs were ready and waiting when I got home. Followed up with some plain Greek yoghurt and now a small glass of Kefir - never had it before and am quite enjoying the sourness.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
L: a piece 90 second mug bread with cheddar and manchego. 2 cherry toms. 2 sqa 90%

Covid jab in the pm! OH came too hoping there'd be spare for him but no luck. Then as he was waiting in the car his text invite came through, so he's having his next week.

D: pork chop with roast celeriac and an Asian style dressing cooked for Saturday kitchen a couple of weeks ago. Quite easy to do, and somehow the 3 of us have eaten it all, including the 3 chilli's and 5 garlic cloves. Did have some maple syrup in, but not a lot.
Some ff greek, just to stop me keep licking my lips!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc bread toasted with egg mayo as filling. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - h/m lasagne. 1 slice slc bread toasted with garlic butter on top. 1 DGF salted caramel blondie with double cream

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch was the chicken liver from yesterday’s chicken, fried in butter on toasted SLC bread. Really enjoyed it but it didn’t fill me up fir long enough. Had a tuna muffin late afternoon.
Dinner was sous vide pork tenderloin with garlic,mushroom and blue cheese sauce, plus green beans. 2 glasses red.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Dinner: omelette filled with cheese, cherry tomatoes, mushroom and red onion followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Onlinecaroline

In school day today, so lunches are always a bit more carbs than when I’m working from home.

Lunch: leftover H/m aubergine lasagna and half a packet of Curators Salt and Vinegar pork puffs.

Dinner: chateaubriand with swede fries, mushrooms, cream spinach and homemade bernaise sauce.

Halved three DGF brownies between 2 of us - however I don’t think my stomach appreciates the extra half!

Vaccination day tomorrow though and hubby’s on Saturday! Looking forward to feeling a tiny bit more relaxed.

PiersAaron

Breakfast: skipped but had six cups of decaf with a tbsp of almond milk (unsweetened).

Lunch: two hamburgers (about 2.5 to 3.0 ounces each before cooking). With two poached eggs and a TBSP of Aldi French onion dip.

Yolks of poached eggs go so well with the hamburgers. And, the combination of a smattering of onion dip, runny egg yolks (I eat the whole poached egg but especially enjoy the runny egg yolk) and burger really enhances satiety. Ssometimes I overeat plain burgers, or burgers with cheese, but overeating never happens, for me, when burgers are eaten in combination with the cooked, but runny, egg yolk.

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Two meals today - quite hungry as I hadn’t really eaten much yesterday.

Brunch was 20% mince fried with onions, one of the humongous double yolk eggs and a sprinkling of cheese.

Dinner was 2 brined chicken thighs air fried.

Attachments

• 231A106D-2B0B-424D-AE5B-F11C8B541B8F.jpeg
    231A106D-2B0B-424D-AE5B-F11C8B541B8F.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 94

Max68

Really have to get my shop right re use by dates. Had far too much chicken to try out that lo dough chicken coating and the wings looked like they were from a pterodactyl rather than a small chicken! So Wednesday it was chicken with a salad and some celeriac fries and last night some chicken again with a sea bass starter considering it needed to be eaten and some coleslaw! Odd mix I know! Lunch Thursday my first ham and cheese omelette done in the microwave and today poached eggs on low carb toast. The lo dough coating is really good but thinking of a way top give it a bit of a kick. Bit of salt and pepper maybe. Lots of it too and stupidly emptied it out thinking it was only going to be a little! Tonight will probably have burgers, eggs and a handful of chips. Struggled a bit this week and fell off the wagon a tad with some schars pringles thingies, albeit not too many, and felt a bit weak earlier so had two choc digestives. A few chips tonight will be my first in two weeks . Update - Scrap that had the two biscuits so not having chips. Have some lamb fillet in fridge so have ordered a chicken, donner kebab with salad and am cooking the lamb fillet to throw in. No sides!! Extra update, the kebab itself was enough so lamb waiting till tonight!

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke very early with pain in arm from Covid jab yesterday so had a seed porridge with cocoa
Did manage yoga class, but ducked out of some long holds because of the pain.
Had a sunny walk!
L 2 scrambled eggs with cheese, Lc brownie with cream
D cheese crisps with a spoonful of hot salsa
Feel a bit headachy and achy. Hoping this passes quickly

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - greek yoghurt with some blueberries. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Large mushroom & onion omlette. 2 squares lindtt 90% with peanut butter on top

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and 1/2 packet of coconut bites
Skipped lunch.
Dinner: prawn cocktail, coleslaw, leafy salad and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.