Anyone here recover from burning feet and/or hands?

Caprock94

BaliRob

Sorry to hear you are still struggling with this. I too am still looking for answers. I have had the burning in my feet for 18 months now. It varies in intensity. Some days/nights are bad. Other times I hardly notice it. I fell off the low carb wagon this holiday season. I plan to get back on it, and maybe add in some intermittent fasting. Like you, I would love to hear from others here who got relief in various ways.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After a year of steady decrease in tingling/burning down to the scarcely noticeable level I was wakened at 4am week before Christmas with burning feet as bad as ever. Since then, absolutely nothing other than the mild tingle. Doesn't seem to be a straightforward connection, but in general for me lower BG = fewer symptoms.

Reactions: Brunneria

Gryph

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From starting LCHF it 6 months to get rid of neuropathy (hit hba1c of 32 after 3 months). But feet were super sensitive, so that walking barefoot even on carpet was a bit sore (even on fine sandy beaches) - this took 18 months to resolve, and can now happily walk barefoot everywhere.

My hands do suffer in the cold though, if they get too cold (like chopping wood and filling my log basket in -2c) I get quite extreme burning pain.

Caprock94

From starting LCHF it 6 months to get rid of neuropathy (hit hba1c of 32 after 3 months). But feet were super sensitive, so that walking barefoot even on carpet was a bit sore (even on fine sandy beaches) - this took 18 months to resolve, and can now happily walk barefoot everywhere.

My hands do suffer in the cold though, if they get too cold (like chopping wood and filling my log basket in -2c) I get quite extreme burning pain.

Interesting. That is the way I would describe my feet and sometimes hands. Super sensitive.