Covid vaccine

angela.lou

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everybody,

I was wondering if you have all done the first dose or have at least received a notification for booking the vaccine. I am a 24 yo Type 1 living in Lancaster but I haven't heard anything from them yet. Still waiting to be notified..A friend of mine who is also Type 1, same age, and lives in London already had his first dose two weeks ago. Is it a matter of age/area? Not quite sure how it works..
Thank you in advance!

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think its a matter of area and how many other have to be vaccinated.
I've not got an invitation to book yet, but I know I've seen a good few on these forums who have had their already, I also know a friend of mine in group 7 (in the next county over) has his booker for this week already as well

Reactions: angela.lou

angela.lou

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Circuspony

Oh really? I thought about calling but have seen in the guidance that "The NHS will let you know when it's your turn to have the vaccine. It's important not to contact the NHS for a vaccination before then" ...

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I will avoid chasing my GP. They are incredibly busy and under staffed.
They have not completed rolling out the vaccines for those in tier 6 yet. The target is to complete the first jab by the end of March.
It may feel unfair but each region is different - there may be an older population or more people who are extremely clinically vulnerable or clinics may have been delayed due to the weather.
My advice is to be patient.

I have no plans to chase until the end of March.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah my surgery recently put this on their facebook page
'How quickly we can move through the groups is entirely dependent on the vaccine supply and not our capacity so please bear with us, you will be contacted (by phone or text) when it is your turn.'
In other (less diplomatic) words, don't clog up the phone lines and just wait

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It would completely depend on how many of each group were in your area, also if only Type 1 then you'll be seen as less of a priority over those with 2+ underlying health conditions for instance, where I am in Scotland I've been offered but declined in order to be put onto the GP's list, I haven't been out in 11 months due to anxiety and contamination OCD so I wouldn't be able to face getting on a bus in order to go to the local hospital xx

angela.lou

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kaylz91 yeap, Type 1 only (for now XD)! I've been shielding for a long time too.. Let's be patient then. Stay safe!

MadeleineM

Hi there, I’m 34 and was wondering the same thing. So I went on the NHS vaccine website and you are able to book it online there. I entered my postcode and found a place a 10 min walk from mine in Ealing. I booked in for the following day and also for the second jab. I did have to show them proof that I have T1 when I arrived on the day, so just found a letter from the NHS with it mentioned. Good luck!

scorpius14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been contacted but the nearest locations are quite far away, like others have said it's risky taking public transport and hospitals in my area are notorious for being overcrowded with no serious precautions taken to ensure distancing, i've no real belief facemasks do alot of good in those situations. Although i'm undecided about taking it up, doing it with GP as they have offered is also proving difficult with waiting lists piling up as we speak.

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being so high I can barely open my eyes :(
Hi I had my first dose Monday morning (AZ) I’m 43