Abstenuary February, anyone?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven’t posted here for a few days, but I don’t have anything exciting to say except that I’ve kept to my food plans and walked every day, a couple of treadmill walks on days when I haven’t gone out to walk. Pleased with myself and differ from others on this thread, I find it easier to cut down everything rather than cut out specific foods.

Reactions: Speedbird

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s the last day of February and in summary, I have walked outside most days, a couple of days indoors on our new treadmill and one day off per week. Food wise I have stuck to my plan of reducing cream and chocolate intake and keeping my portion sizes smaller. Having done this fairly consistently from the last week in January to today, I have succeeded in losing 10 pounds, so very happy with that. I just need to carry on a bit longer to lose a bit more weight.
Thanks @Goonergal for posting this thread, it’s provided a kick start to me getting back on the straight and narrow.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great results in just one month @Rachox I’m sure you’ll soon be back to normal.
I second the thanks to @Goonergal for this thread, it’s important to be accountable, even if it’s only to ourselves.
For my part I’ve kept away from nuts and nut butter which was my goal and I’ll try to keep it up. There’s no need for me to buy nut butter at all. Nuts are sometimes useful as a travelling meal but I think a small individual pack will stop me grazing. More expensive but for me it’ll be worth the extra expense buying like this.
I’m still off cream to try to calm my tum and for 2 weeks I thought I’d found the culprit - all was well. However in the last 2 or 3 days the issue has returned. Darn it! - back to the drawing board and a food diary.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a successful month @Rachox and @DJC3 although sorry to hear about your tum, @DJC3

No chocolate here for an entire month, no nut butter. A few too many nuts (but I hadn’t banned them!). This was about behaviour change and breaking a couple of addictions for me, but I did my monthly ‘MOT’ (weigh, measure and blood pressure) this morning and saw improvements in all three. Particularly pleasing as I’ve been ill all month, doing considerably less moving and had far easier access to the fridge with not being at work!

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used the month to miss most breakfasts, to drink less alcohol, to not snack on nuts, to eat less chocolate.
My fasting bg has remained stoically in the high 5s/6s. My weight is the same as at beginning of Feb.
Worth a try, but my body seems very stubborn :arghh:

Reactions: Goonergal

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Even though I went AWOL , I kept with the resolve to abstain from nuts and cream. Even extended it until yesterday when I made a lowish carb celebration cake with the most superb mocha ganache. Just a small slice. The effect of which would have been negated by the copious quantity of red wine.

An appraisal. ... I weight about 2kg less than I did at the end of January. This last two weeks I have seen BG lows eg, a couple of 3.2, which had me feeling rather groggy, but also had highs of over 8 once or twice. Normally I don’t have such fluctuations, keeping a nice even keel, with fastings between high 5 and high 6, and later in the day average low to mid 5. Also, have felt like eating toast, and only gave in to that craving once.
Abstention has been a good way to focus on diet, though, and Inwill continue to leave cream off the shopping list, and be more restrained regarding cheese and nuts. So thanknyou for kickstarting this, @Goonergal .

Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal