1 unit dropped my bg by 9

Mike0925

My bg was up at 16 and according to an app I had one unit of active insulin, I took 2 units and now my bg has shot down to 7 within an hour. Help!

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Mike0925, how are you doing now? Have you got some sugary items in case of a hypo?
I think your maths is a bit off there, if you had 1 unit of active insulin and then took another 2 units, then 3 units reduced your BG by 9 rather than 1 unit reducing it by 9

Mike0925

Hi @Mike0925, how are you doing now? Have you got some sugary items in case of a hypo?
I think your maths is a bit off there, if you had 1 unit of active insulin and then took another 2 units, then 3 units reduced your BG by 9 rather than 1 unit reducing it by 9

pardon me, I had 2 units of active insulin which should have take my blood down by 4 but apparently still had one an hour later and my blood went from 16 to 7. Sorry I confused myself earlier.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is having a snack before bed not an option? That's what I was told to do when I was having hypos during the night. I appreciate it's not ideal though.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My bg was up at 16 and according to an app I had one unit of active insulin, I took 2 units and now my bg has shot down to 7 within an hour. Help!

Hi,

Hope you're OK?

When did you do the correction dose. & what time in the evening prior did you inject for an evening meal?
(Just give an approx time.)