Covid vaccine whilst pregnant

torzhill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What are everyone’s thoughts about the Covid vaccine whilst pregnant now that we are being called up? Both my GP and diabetes team have said they are comfortable with me having it and after reading the research on the RCOF website, it seems to be okay. Keen to get other’s thoughts though?

Reactions: CranberryIce

torzhill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Me too, do you think that’s because we’re pregnant? I was a bit surprised given my hba1c is really good and I don’t have any other conditions or complications!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too, do you think that’s because we’re pregnant? I was a bit surprised given my hba1c is really good and I don’t have any other conditions or complications!
You might want to read this..
Please remember that pregnancy was an exclusion criteria for the vaccine trials.

https://dailyexpose.co.uk/2021/02/18/think-the-pfizer-jabs-safe/

Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 23.03.30.png

I think it important that you are fully aware before agreeing to this procedure.

Deb_z123

Type of diabetes
MODY
My midwife/obs team have said I shouldn’t have it and they are only recommending to people who are extremely high risk e.g. transplant, heart condition etc. I would rather wait anyway as the risk to unborn baby is unknown.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What are everyone’s thoughts about the Covid vaccine whilst pregnant now that we are being called up? Both my GP and diabetes team have said they are comfortable with me having it and after reading the research on the RCOF website, it seems to be okay. Keen to get other’s thoughts though?
Here's the Australian federal government health guide to the Covid 19 vaccine and pregnancy etc.

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...gnant-breastfeeding-or-planning-pregnancy.pdf

Reactions: torzhill

CathytheChef

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and had the oxford vaccine last week, after discussing with about 20 doctors lol. I feel like there's the potential to regret it either way. In the end for me it came down to the fact that we don't know the risk of the vaccine, but it's likely to be low, vs we do know the risk of covid and for me and my baby (I have T1D and a neurological condition) it's likely to be high. Plus all the extra hospital appointments coming up - I feel better knowing my baby and I are protected. Having said that, if I knew how ill it would make me I might have waited until I was 12 weeks. I was in bed for 2 days and barely able to eat, which carries it's own risk. And now, after all that, they've decided I don't need to attend all the appointments in person after all. If I could have a do-over I'd probably wait until I was 12 weeks, but I wouldn't hesitate in getting it at that point. Sorry if that's not much help. I think it really needs to be a personal decision - no one can judge you either way because you've just got to do what you think is right for you and your baby.

Reactions: torzhill

torzhill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks so much Cathy! I’ve got my appointment tomorrow after my hospital we’re really supportive and advised on the benefits of getting it. As you’ve said, I think the risks of catching Covid and being extremely ill, both risks to me and the baby, outweigh the likelihood of the risks. Scientifically, as the vaccine isn’t live there is very minimal risk.

Reactions: CathytheChef