Has anyone young from Group 6 been contacted for a covid vaccine yet?

macman89

Im 31 and a type 1 diabetic so undeniably in the group 6 criteria - 16-65 with underlying health conditions. Its been a week or 2 since group 6 was entered for covid vaccines but ive heard nothing yet from my GP, just wondering if anyone else my age or younger has had their vaccine?

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm 33 and having mine this week. Group 6 is a big group and there will have been stragglers from previous groups, plus second doses for previous groups. I'm sure it won't be too long for you :)

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm still waiting to hear (mid 40's here) but I know my surgery is only just getting onto group 6's this week due to a bunch more being added to group 4 I think (they've said that on their newly created facebook page), so I hope to hear soon as well

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
I got added to group four and haven't been contacted yet. My husband is group six and has an appointment for Friday. Bureaucracy, hey?

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
My GP practice started with Group 6 (jumping from original Group 4) in mid February. Apparently because the Group 6 was by far and away the largest group of all the first 1-9 groups. The Group 5 were simultaneously sent to the local regional vaccine hub instead, so not delayed. My practice did state that they would invite Group 6 in order of age from 64 and descending.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
My daughter (20) is having it this Thursday

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a text from my surgery Saturday and jab booked for Thursday. My area say group 6 being is done solely from your surgery whereas other groups (and carers) can be done from central hubs. I’m 50. There’s no suggestion age within the underlying conditions is relevant nationally. I’ve heard of alphabetical and chronological lists and some that fit neither.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I got my blue envelope through post from NHS last week - letter inside with appointment for Wednesday 3rd for me

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My area say group 6 being is done solely from your surgery whereas other groups (and carers) can be done from central hubs
Ugh I wish I could get mine done at my GP surgery, here they're being done at GP-led vaccination centres, where they're doing 1500 vaccinations a day, which is fine if you can get there, for me it's two 20 minute bus rides plus a 20 minute walk :sour: I opted for the mass vaccination centre, which is one 20 minute bus ride. Still, I'm glad to be getting one and not complaining (too much) :D

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ugh I wish I could get mine done at my GP surgery, here they're being done at GP-led vaccination centres, where they're doing 1500 vaccinations a day, which is fine if you can get there, for me it's two 20 minute bus rides plus a 20 minute walk :sour: I opted for the mass vaccination centre, which is one 20 minute bus ride. Still, I'm glad to be getting one and not complaining (too much) :D
Sorry should have said it is a surgery led initiative. It’s not my surgery nor even one in my group practice. Luckily I drive so not an issue.

Shed4sale

I had my first vaccination 2 weeks ago ( 56 yo ) but my wife who is virtually bed bound and has carers ( who have had their vaccinations) but my wife hasn't we live in leeds

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There’s an issue with bed/ housebound patients because the vaccine comes in multiple shot vials unlike the flu vaccine which is 1 vial, 1 shot. With the covid one they don’t have a secure way to transport open vials between patients. Annoying I know. Someone I care for was on the housebound list & still waiting, I was able to get him an appointment by taking him in a taxi to a vaccination centre. Not quite as easy if your wife is bed bound though.

I’m 35 & had my vaccine 2 weeks ago, North Lancashire.

Over 60’s in North Lancashire & South Cumbria can now book via the National website to go to a local centre & they’re even issuing 2nd vaccination appointments for 12 weeks time.

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m 41 and haven’t had mine yet. I queried in passing with the DSN when I spoke to her. She said group 6 is in the group to be vaccinated by 15/4/2021. I guess they haven’t refined the target dates any more than to say groups 5-9 will be by that date

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There’s an issue with bed/ housebound patients because the vaccine comes in multiple shot vials unlike the flu vaccine which is 1 vial, 1 shot. With the covid one they don’t have a secure way to transport open vials between patients. Annoying I know. Someone I care for was on the housebound list & still waiting, I was able to get him an appointment by taking him in a taxi to a vaccination centre. Not quite as easy if your wife is bed bound though.

All housebound patients over 70 in my area had their vaccination at home, quite a few weeks ago now. Didn't seem to be any problem doing it.

Reactions: TashT1

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
All housebound patients over 70 in my area had their vaccination at home, quite a few weeks ago now. Didn't seem to be any problem doing it.

Same here. The GP's went out and did them all in a day or two.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No problem doing it after it was agreed to pay GPs a £10 bonus for every home vaccination!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
OH and I are 64 and 61 and had ours on 13 Feb just before they launched vaccinations of group 6.