What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - large lc pancake with blueberries and double cream poured over the top. I have some Almond four which is out of date the end of this week - should I use it up before then or will it be ok for a little longer - what do yous think ?

Dinner - chicken balmoral with sprouts, broccoli and a little carrot. lc trifle
I’d pop the almond flour in the fridge to keep it longer it seems to degrade if it gets warm, may be a good idea to try freezing it but must admit never tried freezing it myself. I’d probably make something with it like chaffles and then freeze the results! Only time I’ve had almond flour go off is when I stored in a cupboard near my cooker it went oily and had to chuck it.since then I’ve kept nut and seed flours in a fridge salad drawer or when out of fridge space in a cool cupboard.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - large lc pancake with blueberries and double cream poured over the top. I have some Almond four which is out of date the end of this week - should I use it up before then or will it be ok for a little longer - what do yous think ?

Dinner - chicken balmoral with sprouts, broccoli and a little carrot. lc trifle

I’d use it for as long as it tastes ok. Sometimes the oil in nuts goes bitter after a while. I doubt it’d do you any harm.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black Coffee until lunchtime, then @Goonergal special of fried mince topped with fried eggs and grated cheese. Very tasty.
Dinner was airfried chicken thighs with Halloumi fries and buttered green beans. Not quite Nandos but near enough and very enjoyable. DGF blondie to follow.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
what do you all do for snacking in front of the box
Although snacking is frowned upon, this has to be a way of eating for life, that fits into real life.
I use homemade cheese crisps. Dead easy. Buy a presliced cheese such as gouda or emmenthal (not cheddar, too runny) and cut a slice into about 6 triangles. Place the triangles on a piece of greaseproof paper and cook on high in microwave for a minute, may need 10-30 seconds longer depending on cheese or microwave. As they cool they crisp up and you eat them. Good for dips.
Can also add flavouring such as paprika, garlic powder, seeds etc.
They keep well in an airtight tin.
These satsify me much better than the potato or mass produced snacks.
I often do them as part of my lunch
They can be cooked in an oven too for 15-20 minutes

Reactions: maglil55 and Max68

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
l: bits of olives, coleslaw, 2 slices ham rolled around some picked swede. Nicer than it sounds. Yoghurt with seeds and 1 sq chopped 100% choc
D: salmon fillet on a bed of cheesy leeks with a topping of crisp kale 'seaweed'

Then a neighbourly St davids day quiz meant a delivery of Welsh cakes, brownies and bara brith and daffodils. Had just one mouthful of each of the edible goodies. Tested 2 hours later at 8.5

Max68

@MrsA2 thank you for the suggestion, will try that, I've had gouda before I think and it was nice.
Lunch was two sausages, two rashers of bacon and scrambled eggs. Dinner a ham and egg salad with the lemon juice, cider vinegar and olive oil dressing suggested to me on this thread with some cheese on top. A few schar curves with that. Strawberries and thick double cream for afters.

Nicole T

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Decided to see if my arrowroot pancake mix makes decent Yorkshire pud batter. So toad in the hole today. 100g of arrowroot powder, 150g skimmed milk, 2 eggs and a good shake. In a Pyrex dish lid with 6 part cooked sausages, and gas mark 6 for just over half an hour.

It wasn't bad, but I'd made too much batter, which I'm sure was a factor in it not really crisping up. Next time I try, I'll halve the ingredients for the batter mix, and perhaps add another 15 minutes to the cooking time.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all better control of amounts of food today thankfully - it did help that sun peeked through a little bit.
Lunch 6 lc hm seeded crackers with Cornish blue cheese then coffee with two hm lc truffles
Dinner dry spiced pork ribs with salads and glass of soda water with splash of dry white wine followed by DGF brownie and yoghurt.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, sausages and fried up veggies for breakfast, chicken drumsticks and salad fror lunch, Tbone steak and green veggies and gravy for dinner. spoonful of mango sorbet which I should not eat at all, but is very moorish on a hot day.

The t bone cooking on a George Foreman griller griddle.

WhnkDLn.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and 1/2na packet of coconut bites.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: Spanish chicken with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

That t-bone looks good @Riva_Roxaban
@DJC3 meant to ask. When you make 2 cuppas at once, doesn’t the second one go cold while you drink the first?

TMAD today. Lunch was 2 fried eggs with streaky bacon and 2 Waitrose 1 free range Cumberland sausages.
Dinner was air fried chicken wings followed by Greek yoghurt.

Still feeling a little peckish but it’s a bit late for anything else.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke early so had ff greek with seeds and blueberries. Still hungry 2 hours later so too many almonds
L: was going to skip it but then son opened a particularly nice and smelly camembert, I only ate a a quarter of it, standing up not even on a plate

Baked all afternoon, probably with too many tastings and testings. Soda bread and millionaires for the freezer

D: aubergines with broccoli and sausages. 2 sqs of millionaires

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m so lazy I make 2 mugs at a time so as soon as I’ve finished the first I start on the second.
I win!
I always make a liter of tea in my thermos, which nicely solves the problem raised by @Rachox as well :)
Not sure if I dare mention this on an English forum, but I'm lazy enough to often have a cup of yesterday's tea from that thermos. After all, it's still somewhat warm by then :sorry:.
I hope admitting to this won't give me a forum ban for inappropriate content...

edit: Apologies, @Rachox and @Goonergal , how did I manage to get the both of you mixed up? May I assume you like your tea hot as well, Rachox, so no harm is done with the mix-up?

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I win!
I always make a liter of tea in my thermos, which nicely solves the problem raised by @Rachox as well :)
Not sure if I dare mention this on an English forum, but I'm lazy enough to often have a cup of yesterday's tea from that thermos. After all, it's still somewhat warm by then :sorry:.
I hope admitting to this won't give me a forum ban for inappropriate content...

edit: Apologies, @Rachox and @Goonergal , how did I manage to get the both of you mixed up? May I assume you like your tea hot as well, Rachox, so no harm is done with the mix-up?
I hate tea! I’m a coffee girl!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I hate tea! I’m a coffee girl!
I'm so sorry! This makes the mix-up much more serious!
I'll buy you a quality cup of coffee as soon as we meet to make up for this. Will this do as an apology?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - lc pancake with blueberries and double cream drizzled over the top. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - 3 chicken drumsticks with stuffed small peppers, tomato slices done in garlic and a dollop of coleslaw. Made mug cake with cocoa powder for afters with double cream over the top - what a waste of the double cream - 1st and last time I have made this - no likey - yuk

Onlinecaroline

Lunch - Dollop of pate, chunk of cheddar, slice of Parma ham, 2 slices of chorizo and 3 oat-less oatcakes. With far too much butter.

Dinner - Air fried chicken wings in franks buffalo sauce with blue cheese and tablespoon of Mayo.

A DGF pecan blondie and a Montezuma orange truffle.

Well under my carbs today but very over on the protein due to the wings. Toying with trying a more carnivore approach over the next month.

Max68

Oh for someone to invent a sugar free sorbet!! After the salad last night been a bit more naughty today. Lunch 3 cold sausages, two lower carb crisp bread thingies with stilton. Dinner tub of firecracker chicken wings (they are fabulous) with 5 little brew city mozzarella and gouda oven cooked cheese balls (same company that does the halloumi fries) with two small slices of lower carb toast with pate. Usual strawberries and double cream to finish. Coke zero as always. Did I say oh for someone to invent a sugar free sorbet?;)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

That t-bone looks good @Riva_Roxaban
@DJC3 meant to ask. When you make 2 cuppas at once, doesn’t the second one go cold while you drink the first?

TMAD today. Lunch was 2 fried eggs with streaky bacon and 2 Waitrose 1 free range Cumberland sausages.
Dinner was air fried chicken wings followed by Greek yoghurt.

Still feeling a little peckish but it’s a bit late for anything else.

Haha Yes the second cup cools down a little, Paul says I have an asbestos mouth as I’ve usually finished my first before his has cooled down enough to even start. The second mug is at the same temp as the first one was when I finished it, so it just seems like an extension of it. I never find one cup of tea is enough.