Libre 2 with Xdrip

Donna1984

Hi I'm currently using MM2 with L1 and Xdrip but I'm getting L2 very soon and need some help setting up my L2 with Xdrip and MM2 or patched app without MM2. I need to be able to send info over to diabetes team still and havent got a clue what to do. :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm currently using MM2 with L1 and Xdrip but I'm getting L2 very soon and need some help setting up my L2 with Xdrip and MM2 or patched app without MM2. I need to be able to send info over to diabetes team still and havent got a clue what to do. :)

Hi,

Firstly. The MM2 will not work with the new L2 algorithm. I've tried that.
You need the OOP2 apk to patch XDrip to the new updated version of Librelink.
Alas, my phone isn't compatable with the new Librelink.
However,
I did use Diabox with the L2, which is not a bad app.. It's a little X drippy..

I'm back to using the L1 now. Works lovely with the MM2 & my standalone watch sending to XDrip on my phone..

Donna1984

Thanks for your reply. It says online MM2 is compatible with L2, do I just need to update the firmware on MM2? I will be starting from a new phone when I get my L2 so will I just need to download the normal Libre link app and install x drip and update MM2 firmware? Sorry was so long ago when I set this up in starting from scratch. X

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your reply. It says online MM2 is compatible with L2, do I just need to update the firmware on MM2? I will be starting from a new phone when I get my L2 so will I just need to download the normal Libre link app and install x drip and update MM2 firmware? Sorry was so long ago when I set this up in starting from scratch. X

The firmware side of stuff for the MM2??

Yeah, I heard something similar. Apart from not finding a firmware update for it. I also fail to see how there can possibly be an update on a device with a USB connection that is primarily to charge the battery.. Unless it can be done via BT?

Donna1984

Ahhh on the miao miao website it says there is an apk to download to your phone and select your miao miao type but not sure how it works as not going to try till I get my new sensors. Wish it was easier.

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As I've posted before the MM2 can be used with the Libre2 but you have to upgrade firmware, and use MM's version of x-drip and oop2 algo. I had it working but the oop2 algo does not support calibration.

All info and links can be found in the link below, ignore the misleading tittle of the page referring to the US reference and read further down the page and see it also applies to the euro L2.

https://miaomiaoreader.medium.com/h...ors-work-with-miaomiao2-on-xdrip-35b431a40940

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is also the direct connection method connecting without MM2.

Others have been successful with this method but I couldn't getting it to work with my Android 10 Oneplus 8 phone and wasted 2 sensors trying. I managed to c&p the instructions from a FB post so all credit goes to the original author.

It's actually a Word document so remove the .txt extension from the end.

Attachments

• How to configure xDrip to communicate directly with a Libre 2 sensor of UK.docx.txt
    18.8 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Reactions: Donna1984

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As I've posted before the MM2 can be used with the Libre2 but you have to upgrade firmware, and use MM's version of x-drip and oop2 algo. I had it working but the oop2 algo does not support calibration.

All info and links can be found in the link below, ignore the misleading tittle of the page referring to the US reference and read further down the page and see it also applies to the euro L2.

https://miaomiaoreader.medium.com/h...ors-work-with-miaomiao2-on-xdrip-35b431a40940

Hi,

Now strangely I've just been looking at this finger poised to try it out.... The first option seemed to take me to a Chinese app site??

Reactions: Donna1984

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Now strangely I've just been looking at this finger poised to try it out.... The first option seemed to take me to a Chinese app site??

Just clicked on my link and took me straight to the correct page.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just clicked on my link and took me straight to the correct page.

Agreed, it does.
It was the firmware update regarding the European L2s giving the first link on the MM site that seemed to take me off track..

Donna1984

There is also the direct connection method connecting without MM2.

Others have been successful with this method but I couldn't getting it to work with may Android 10 Oneplus 8 phone and wasted 2 sensors trying. I managed to c&p the instructions from a FB post so all credit goes to the original author.

It's actually a Word document so remove the .txt extension from the end.
Thank you for this, I'll be doing it in a couple I'd weeks when I use my last se manor. Will probably not try and do directly to xdrip as I'll mess it up. Wish it wasnt so complicated :)

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Instructions are English :)

mm2.jpg

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
BTW neither of these methods work with using a watch as a collector as I do now with the L1 and sending xdrip readings to a watch requires some jigery pokery when using MM's vers of xdrip as it doesn't seem to support installing xdrip to watch.

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I also self fund and for the time being I have stocked up on the L1 and will keep buying them until no longer available.

I have read the oop2 will allow calibration at some point.

Perhaps things with L2 will mature in time but then I guess we'll have the L3.

Reactions: Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
BTW neither of these methods work with using a watch as a collector as I do now with the L1 and sending xdrip readings to a watch requires some jigery pokery when using MM's vers of xdrip as it doesn't seem to support installing xdrip to watch.

Now oddly, I use the Watlaa one with a designated XDrip firmware. (Just a timepiece with XDrip.)
It works great with the L1 & MM2.
It certainly won't work with a stand alone L2 & there is no update on the horizon for the Watlaa regarding this..
So, I'm happy if I can use the MM2 to achieve this..
If don't wear the watch to work. More likely to get mangled..

I also self fund and for the time being I have stocked up on the L1 and will keep buying them until no longer available.

I have read the oop2 will allow calibration at some point.

Perhaps things with L2 will mature in time but then I guess we'll have the L3.

I get mine VAT exempt from ASDA pharmacy. They sell them both. (For the time being.)
The L3???? Yep, read something up on that the other day.. It's been cleared for use by the medical "powers that be." (In the states?) Judging on how Abbott operate. There will be a bit of a wait....

Set to be the smallest CGM on the market. To be fair, (in comparison with what I have seen meeting Dexcom users, my taste of the L2 with just my phone I feel it already is.)
I found the L2 pretty consistent with my meter? So I'm not to bothered regarding the calibration side of things using it. (Like I am with the L1.)

maybecrazy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a Watlaa too at one point, the battery failed to charge after a few months, I emailed Watlaa but they failed to respond so I binned it.

I also buy some L1 from Asda and also direct from Abbott also VAT free as the the price from both are now exactly the same.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a Watlaa too at one point, the battery failed to charge after a few months, I emailed Watlaa but they failed to respond so I binned it.

I also buy some L1 from Asda and also direct from Abbott also VAT free as the the price from both are now exactly the same.

I have to admit the support isn't fantastic with the company. But I found in my experience the device intuitive & reasonably slim, the battery great. (Only charging at just over an hour with 53% remaining after nearly 4 days stating a new sensor.)
Plus they did Send two charge cables & a spare sports strap with it in the bundle..

Oddly, my MM2 after nearly a couple of years was needing more frequent charges after only 3 days?
I tried resetting & all sorts...
After letting it's battery totally deplete whilst using the L2 for a while with just the phone on Diabox.
After a charge up for the L1. It seems the device has only used 20% of it's power after 4 days too?

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As mentioned the firmware upgrade for the M M works

It’s a bit of messing about but it does work ok

I’ve tried it but after all the messing about I ended up just using going back to the Libre 2 as it is. “no extras”

If it was possible like Jaylee I would love to go back to using Libre 1 just until the bugs are sorted out & M M / xdrip works with Libre 2

Trying to use a M M or Bubble to link the Libre 2 to xdrip or Diabox for me just ended up in a very patchy connection if I even got one

I always lost the Bluetooth signal for the Libre 2 Alarms

The only way to get the Libre 2 to talk to xdrip is to use a patched librelink app.

And I’m lucky & I get my sensors on prescription but was told very clearly by my Diabetic Clinic

If I used a patched app & they could not see my readings on Libreview they would after relook at whether I could have the sensors on prescription