Has anyone young from Group 6 been contacted for a covid vaccine yet?

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No problem doing it after it was agreed to pay GPs a £10 bonus for every home vaccination!

A GP surgery is a business and always has been, it’s not privatisation it’s a business model that’s been in existence since the creation of the NHS. Why shouldn’t they be compensated for their time out of surgery, travelling to peoples homes? It’s not a bonus, it’s a direct contribution for their work.

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my first vaccination 2 weeks ago ( 56 yo ) but my wife who is virtually bed bound and has carers ( who have had their vaccinations) but my wife hasn't we live in leeds

All vaccination sites, PCN’s & GP’s have just been instructed to deliver all housebound vaccinations by 14th March. If you don’t hear anything in the next couple of days give your GP surgery a nudge.

Reactions: oldgreymare

SarahEN

It seems to be down to where you live. I was in for my annual check the other day & the DN nurse said that in my area they had paused for a week as they had to redistribute vaccines elsewhere to catch up but would begin again next week.

Also Group 6 are being done by their local GP's either at surgeries or are more local hubs whereas group 5, and those who are carers are getting done by the larger vaccine hubs. I guess they assume if you have an underlying health condition you're less able to travel.

steveo.101

I had mine yesterday and today is the first time in about 8months my blood levels have been over 10.. so when they told my my blood sugar levels may rise, they were not wrong

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A GP surgery is a business and always has been, it’s not privatisation it’s a business model that’s been in existence since the creation of the NHS. Why shouldn’t they be compensated for their time out of surgery, travelling to peoples homes? It’s not a bonus, it’s a direct contribution for their work.
I thought being a doctor was supposed to be a vocation. Making extra money out of a pandemic when the average pay of GP partners is £113,000 a year seems a little mercenary. Surely it's the doctors and nurses in hospitals that deserve more money.

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sure secondary care nurses & doctors deserve a pay rise but offering reimbursement to GP’s does not invalidate that need.

It sounds like you believe that £10 reimbursement goes directly into a GP’s pocket but it doesn’t. General Practice is actually around 30% under funded for the services they are expected to deliver and they continue to expand year on year with every new governmental policy.

We’re getting way off the OP’s topic, if you want to debate health policy tag me in a new thread a bit of debate is always fun.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought being a doctor was supposed to be a vocation. Making extra money out of a pandemic when the average pay of GP partners is £113,000 a year seems a little mercenary. Surely it's the doctors and nurses in hospitals that deserve more money.

The extra money paid isn't for the GP's own pockets. It is for the Practice, which all helps them provide better services for their patients

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had mine today - at large vaccination centre - I think they may be doing it in areas as I bumped in to a couple of my neighbours there. I know a couple of weeks ago, older neighbours were there around the same time too. Btw I am in Scotland

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Had mine today. The person stood on the X 2 meters from me waiting to go in as we moved up the line didn't look any older than 13?
The doctor confirming my details looked no older than 16..

My group 7 wife got a yesterday letter to attend a different location (on an equine racecourse.)
She was offered tomorrow. But opted for a later slot after first making sure I don't get any side effects?
So far, I feel OK.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
How old do you have to be in group 6?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its extra money on top of their already fairly generous salaries..

TypeZero.

I’m 19, haven’t heard anything from the GP and I’m kind of annoyed, I don’t know what’s happening but a lot of people who don’t have chronic illnesses are being vaccinated

Cupcake29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Im 31 and a type 1 diabetic so undeniably in the group 6 criteria - 16-65 with underlying health conditions. Its been a week or 2 since group 6 was entered for covid vaccines but ive heard nothing yet from my GP, just wondering if anyone else my age or younger has had their vaccine?
I'm 30 and haven't been contacted yet. My GP has only just begun group six so I'm sure I've got a while to wait still.