Libre 2 Sensor free trial

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You need a Libre 2 reader. If you have the original reader and ordered that from Abbott they will send a Libre 2 reader free of charge. That’s what I did as I prefer the reader to the phone.
Do you think they might send me this free? I am not sure if my phone will work with it or not - so do I not need to download the app? Oops I am not too technical - sorry

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you think they might send me this free? I am not sure if my phone will work with it or not - so do I not need to download the app? Oops I am not too technical - sorry

I doubt it a they’re already giving the sensor free. No harm in asking though!

Reactions: Mrs T 123

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Abbott turned me down... :banghead:

I was "found to be an existing user through the eligibility check."

They know everything. o_O My Libreview account says i've used one before.. Which i had.
But i hadn't obtained it from them.
Snap. One, once two years ago. I’m wondering if my husband wants to try one?

Reactions: oldgreymare

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a Samsung just over 2 years old - any idea what version it could be? I can't see it on the phone

Hi,

Go into your settings menu. scroll down & click on "about device."
It will tell you everything you need to know about your phone, Including what OS you're using.. :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Snap. One, once two years ago. I’m wondering if my husband wants to try one?

The cynic in me suggests this Abbott promotion is a simalar ploy "drug dealers" use to hook in the new "customers." ;)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you just put your mobile no. in after +44??? does not seem to be accepting my number ???

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you just put your mobile no. in after +44??? does not seem to be accepting my number ???

Take the "O" (zero) off the beginning of your phone number.

The plus four four is the international prefix code for the UK.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like I have eventually got this - downloaded the app on to my phone with my good old friend "you tube's" assistance.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Take the "O" (zero) off the beginning of your phone number.

The plus four four is the international prefix code for the UK.
Cheers - I eventually worked that out - so unusual to be asked for a land line number these days rather than a mobile. Many thanks for your help.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers - I eventually worked that out - so unusual to be asked for a land line number these days rather than a mobile. Many thanks for your help.
It doesn’t need to be landline. It refused my auto fill number but took the manually entered one +44 minus the 0 no gaps.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It would be nice if Abbott handed out some sensor freebies here Australia so we could try before we buy.

They cost $100.00 for a sensor here, which makes it a expensive exercise for a T2 here.

@Mrs T 123 Restarting your Samsung phone will bring up the model name on the starting screen.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks to all for your help - when it arrives I am sure there will be more questions ...

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine arrived today, but I am going to wait a few days/weeks before trying it out.
Thinking I'll try all the foods I havent had in the past year, but frightened that will get be back on carbs
Also frightened I'll get addicted to using it all the time. Not wanting to waste this free opportunity

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine arrived today, but I am going to wait a few days/weeks before trying it out.
Thinking I'll try all the foods I havent had in the past year, but frightened that will get be back on carbs
Also frightened I'll get addicted to using it all the time. Not wanting to waste this free opportunity
That was quick - when did you order?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I ordered mine Monday and it arrived this morning, but took til this evening to pluck up courage put it on! :joyful:
Just to reassure other Libre newbies, it didn’t hurt a bit!

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
I ordered mine Monday and it arrived this morning, but took til this evening to pluck up courage put it on! :joyful:
Just to reassure other Libre newbies, it didn’t hurt a bit!
Fantastic @Rachox - mine arrived this morning, have read the booklet and it all looks as though it would be really helpful. Going to have a bath after lunch and put the sensor on. Glad to hear it's not painful.

P62

Reactions: Rachox

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
The cynic in me suggests this Abbott promotion is a simalar ploy "drug dealers" use to hook in the new "customers." ;)

I've noticed that these companies seem to elbowing their way into other markets like general healthcare and sports/fitness etc.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/p...ood-sugar-and-improve-their-health-2018-09-10

https://www.healthline.com/diabetesmine/non-diabetes-using-continuous-glucose-monitor

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a35541222/cgm-continual-glucose-monitor-levels-supersapiens/

Mind you, if the much vaunted 'watch' products actually work, the business models of these companies is probably going to suffer enormously.