Chicken korma and rice ?

fendertele

I was looking at the Glycemic Index as saw that white rice sits around 38.

Korma is a really creamy dish so figured it will be very high in fat.

Would the combination of the korma sauce and the low Glycemic rice mean this would be okay for type 2 diabetic ?

Or am i missing something as I had read the fat in dishes will stunt the BS rise which is a reason to high fat foods along with protein etc.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
White rice not good for type2. Full stop.
Could swap it for caulifower rice, or just skip it altogether. I often just have more chicken, less sauce and no rice.
Don't be frightened of good fats, its those that keep you full.

Be careful of ready done korma, they may be high in sugars/carbs

fendertele

White rice not good for type2. Full stop.
Could swap it for caulifower rice, or just skip it altogether. I often just have more chicken, less sauce and no rice.
Don't be frightened of good fats, its those that keep you full.

Be careful of ready done korma, they may be high in sugars/carbs

Thanks my food delivery didnt arrive tonight and im very low in food and cant decide what to order in from takeaway that will be okay with my type 2.

Hotpepper20000

Thanks my food delivery didnt arrive tonight and im very low in food and cant decide what to order in from takeaway that will be okay with my type 2.
Indian menus usually have something like tandoori chicken that has no sauce with it. You can have a yogurt sauce for dipping.

Hotpepper20000

Indian menus usually have something like tandoori chicken that has no sauce with it. You can have a yogurt sauce for dipping.
Shawarma places will have the meat you like. Just ask for it without a pita or rice and usually they just serve it with all the extras on a bed of lettuce.

fendertele

Thanks guys yeah last few times that i've ordered out its been chicken/lamb kebabs with garlic mayo sauce and veg. Im defo losing weight and without testing my Blood i'd imagine this has also improved as im not urinating as much as before which was keeping me up at night. However i think the monotonousness of it all has been getting to me a lot this week and now the food not arriving feels like all I'm ever eating is meat and green leaves with mayo but i guess this is the way its gotta be to keep the diabetes at bay :)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I keep a number of packs of stir fry and other veges in case of not being able to get fresh.
Sweet pepper, mushroom, Oriental and Spanish stir fry from Lidl, green beans, onions, cauliflower and vege mixtures all help to make things varied and tasty. I have a box of flavours, colours, herbs and spices, piled high so I can add in visual and aromatic delights. I also have olive oil and various vinegars to add a zing.
As it is a big freezer I also have fish, meat and seafood just make sure we do not starve when the supermarket is empty. So far so good.