So upset- Weight

Luvly

Of course you’re feeling low you must have been hungry all this time with no results.
The great thing about low carb is there is no need to be hungry. Cut out the fruit (except berries), pasta, rice, bread and potatoes.
Full up with full fat dairy, meat and above ground vegetables.
I lost 60 pounds in 18 months without being hungry. And have kept it off for three years. Give or take 8-10 pounds.
I also have kept my A1C below diabetic range for 3 years.
That's really great, congrats on your weight loss want keeping your A1C down.
Hopeful tomorrow I'll feel more positive. Thank you for your advice.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You do not need the fruit ... loaded with sugars.

Reactions: Luvly

Luvly

@Luvly , Hello. I’m sorry you are becoming despondent but please don’t give up. Can I ask when you first joined this site were you given a link to information for new people? I’ve looked around the site but can’t find it at the moment. This information is excellent for providing information which I think may help you. Do you find that you are often hungry since adapting your diet.? I really hope you don’t give up because you will get there.
Hi. I don't recall being given links. To be honest, My brain is a bit frazzled at the moment, so much going on in my head

Luvly

Are you eating enough calories? When I tried a vlc diet of 900 calls per day I only lost 7lb in about 3 months but made myself ill because my metabolism went into starvation mode and started shutting my body down.
I have no idea if I'm eating enough calories. I've never counted calories. I'll try and preserver x

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just looking at the site now. A free trail, but I can't see how much it is after trail

You should be able to get most of what you need without the free trial. I believe @DJC3 is a paying member so she might know the cost.

Luvly

You should be able to get most of what you need without the free trial. I believe @DJC3 is a paying member so she might know the cost.
I see it's American, so the weights and measures will be different, plus they'll probably be foods that aren't sold here in the UK.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I see it's American, so the weights and measures will be different, plus they'll probably be foods that aren't sold here in the UK.

There are options to switch the measurements to metric - and most stuff is available here. It’s actually a Swedish company. If there are unfamiliar ingredients people here can likely suggest alternatives, or sometimes they can just be left out.

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Swedish are a genius nation - thanks to them I can now get decent low carb wraps and crispy rolls (carbzone.co.uk - not affiliated, lol!!)

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are pages showing common foods and their carbs per 100g. I have found the website very useful. I am in Wales.