Pre and New to Diabetes Forum

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
New to Diabetes forum, I am a 70 yrs old male.

About 10 yrs ago I found out my a1c was 5.9 (41) For 2 years I was taking glipizide, started diet and exercise and lost 70 pounds. Stopped glipizide and now 8 years of no medicine. I am on a strict diet and more or less eat almost the same food everyday, no wheat,rice, red meat, sweets, canned food,root veggies, almost no dairy. Easily said but it's not an easy task

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome Omar
Do you test your bg? If you did you might find there is a wider range of foods that your body can tolerate.
Is the no red meat for medical or ethical reasons?

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
@Omar51 - What’s your question or concerns? I’m all ears! ;)

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome Omar
Do you test your bg? If you did you might find there is a wider range of foods that your body can tolerate.
Is the no red meat for medical or ethical reasons?
Nothing ethical, to me chicken breast and fish is a better choice. I do lot of testing, I like plant base proteins. Thanks for the reply.

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Omar51 - What’s your question or concerns? I’m all ears! ;)
I have one question for now. I was using Voltran gel on my wrist for arthritis joint pain and since i do lot of testing, my BG started going little up and I stopped Voltran, using Voltran reduced my wrist pain a lot. So is this common that using Voltran for Arthritis pain can raise your BG ? Thanks a lot for asking.