What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 from finger, lower from the button
Wow. Made my day seeing you post after such a long absence, at least to my eyes. I hope all is well with you and La Belle Dame sans Merci. Your profile says you are located in heaven but I know for a fact you don't live in Cambridge:angelic:

Last edited:

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.5 at 0720, awake since 0130 with the shoulder of sleeplessness again.

Went for 30 minute run, which loosened the shoulder up a bit .

In to work for some meetings and some engineering support, then an afternoon in the dentist with the kids.

Sense of humour being maintained most of the time.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Wow. Made my day seeing you post after such a long absence, at least to my eyes. I hope all is well with you and La Belle Dame sans Merci. Your profile says you are located in heaven but I know for a fact you don't live in Cambridge:angelic:
Madame is the usual unpredictable @ianpspurs. The button or as you call it, the "swipey" has made my life more informed but no more manageable and actually quite annoying as I've got it linked up to a Miao Miao which makes a noise to alert me of highs/lows. Useless as the button isn't accurate.
Hope your forays into swipey land have been more productive. Oxford is far better than Cambridge but Chester beats them both

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.4 at 0455, shoulder of sleeplessnesss was iced last night and it feels like something inside got the message. I didn’t sleep all the way through but it’s a lot less painful and a lot more mobile as of 8pm last night, fingers crossed.

Off to run for 30 mins shortly and then a day in and out of work , weather keeps changing the plans so I literally have no idea what to expect nor where I will be today (and I write the roster, so it really is random for me at the moment).

Have a good day everyone.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning at 6AM on finger prick. The vaccination has caused quite a ruckus so far as my BG is concerned. The daily average since the day of vaccination has been 5.6, 5.6, 7.0, 7.4 and for the last 12 hours it has averaged to 7.2... The numbers are fairly reliable because current sensor with Diabox calibration matches with finger prick every single time and I have been depleting those test strips quite frequently in the last few days.

@ianpspurs mentioned it took 2 weeks for him after vaccination - so I wonder if I have another 1 week of such big numbers to deal with before I can start feeling a bit more confident. :(

Anyway, sorry to be such a bore - numbers and stats always make me go on and on.

Have a lovely day everyone. :)