What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Golf repaired :) but no sign of my bike :(

Muddy Cycle ride today saw me venture to the South of Cannock Chase an area of clay rather than bunter pebble beds. This is the view of the Three Sisters of Lichfield Cathedral form Beaudesert. It's the only Cathedral in the UK with three spires. The scene feels medieval I can imagine the pilgrims getting this first glimpse of the spires and the welcome in one of the many inns.

So A4 watercolour and I will finish it Friday as I have to get on with dinner.
IMG_4566.JPG

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can understand that, Muddy!
I guess they were all frightened of that big guy who stood on the LHS of the group photo! :)
Big guy doesn't play with the folk group, however he is the music director of the two choirs and plays in the Recorder Quartet, he's the one doing all the clever technical stuff.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Golf repaired :) but no sign of my bike :(

Muddy Cycle ride today saw me venture to the South of Cannock Chase an area of clay rather than bunter pebble beds. This is the view of the Three Sisters of Lichfield Cathedral form Beaudesert. It's the only Cathedral in the UK with three spires. The scene feels medieval I can imagine the pilgrims getting this first glimpse of the spires and the welcome in one of the many inns.

So A4 watercolour and I will finish it Friday as I have to get on with dinner.
View attachment 47825
Looks good @Muddy Cyclist
Very spiritual...

Reactions: jjraak

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
You mean TVs are no longer looking like this, you will be telling me they are in colour next. I must catch up, I am Mrs MCs remote.
The latest model from Sony, Mr MC ...
look at that 8" screen! Now, that's progress
il_794xN.2603471123_b8hp.jpg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. Not sure about spiritual, I'm not into buildings for worship, prefer the Oak wood I was in. However you can't help but admire the magnificence of these historic buildings.
I wasn't talking about the three spires being the spiritual part of the painting @Muddy Cyclist
I was talking about the sky, the old oak tree, the landscape.

I am not into magnificent buildings. A cathedral is nature, the trees arching over, the landscape, that is spiritual, not bricks/stones and mortar.

I do like very ancient small churches and holy wells however.

But in your painting I was referring to the sky as the main part of spiritually in your painting

:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't talking about the three spires being the spiritual part of the painting @Muddy Cyclist
I was talking about the sky, the old oak tree, the landscape.

I am not into magnificent buildings. A cathedral is nature, the trees arching over, the landscape, that is spiritual, not bricks/stones and mortar.

I do like very ancient small churches and holy wells however.

But in your painting I was referring to the sky as the main part of spiritually in your painting

:)
I knew that young lady, just wanted to clarify that I personally don't see spirituality in religious buildings. However I do think they are magnificent and the art in them quite amazing.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I knew that young lady, just wanted to clarify that I personally don't see spirituality in religious buildings. However I do think they are magnificent and the art in them quite amazing.

I used to live in Walsall in my teenage years @Muddy Cyclist and so have been to Lichfield Cathedral. I remember the outside, but not the inside. J liked cathedrals and architecture, he was a trained artist. Me, I would be outside feeding the sparrows from my hand while he wandered inside. He couldn't understand why I didn't want to appreciate the architecture and the sculptures on the tombstones inside. It just left me cold. Stuff outside is another matter to me. I can appreciate stuff in the open air and graveyards. He tried his hardest to get me inside. I drove him to places, so that was my contribution...

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there folks.
All was going well with the Dry January, but the Gods laughed at my feeble efforts and rewarded me with ophthalmic shingles. This is not funny. Another hospital appt. followed by a likely eye operation, to fix the right eye damage, due soon.
Good luck to all with post-covid plans. I'm 21 days post Pfizer Biontech.
Come on the Blues! Go the men of Pep!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there folks.
All was going well with the Dry January, but the Gods laughed at my feeble efforts and rewarded me with ophthalmic shingles. This is not funny. Another hospital appt. followed by a likely eye operation, to fix the right eye damage, due soon.
Good luck to all with post-covid plans. I'm 21 days post Pfizer Biontech.
Come on the Blues! Go the men of Pep!
That sure is a tough road you find yourself on, I really hope all goes well and very soon.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks for that Karen - much appreciated - you have no idea how much your little captions have kept me going some days - I sometimes read them a few times over - I was made redundant from my job at the end of last year and yes we all go through hard times (especially at the moment) in life but tough times don't last forever and I love the positiveness of these little captions and if we don't have hope ... keep them coming Mrs I luv them x

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. So far a very good day indeed. 6 monthly bladder cancer check all clear and all handled as smoothly as possible. Private hospital doing NHS checks. No entry without thorough sanitising and wearing one of their masks. As I already had 2 on I ended up wearing 3. :woot::woot::woot::woot:
Great News Ian :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had to wrap my finger in plastic before the shower as yesterday I had been cutting tomatoes for my lunch, and I had picked up a brand new sharp knife (my spare) without realising, and I sliced the fingerprint part of my first left finger almost off.
Ouch - that sounds really painful. Hope you have some good dressings to protect it while it heals.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. So far a very good day indeed. 6 monthly bladder cancer check all clear and all handled as smoothly as possible. Private hospital doing NHS checks. No entry without thorough sanitising and wearing one of their masks. As I already had 2 on I ended up wearing 3. :woot::woot::woot::woot:
That is such good news. You and Julie must be so pleased.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 today

quite late on the go this evening ;)

I'm having flashbacks to the black and white TV we had when I was a child, fireball tuner anyone :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you as kindly as you could wish :)

@dunelm - fine foliage and a fine and handsome crow, you manage to give your birds so much personality :joyful:

@gennepher - I didn't know whether to give a 'hug' for you and for Popeye or a 'winner' for still producing such an evocative and impressive piece of art :) I'm so glad Popeye is ok and please take good care of your damaged finger.

@ianpspurs - a good day indeed, congratulations on your good result :)

@True Blue - keeping my fingers crossed for good outcomes.

@Muddy Cyclist - A lovely start to the next painting with those distant spires and that majestic tree :) and I enjoyed your recorder collaboration thank you.

art bit - fairly monochrome ;)

upload_2021-3-4_23-15-28.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ouch - that sounds really painful. Hope you have some good dressings to protect it while it heals.
I do. Thanks @Krystyna23040
As soon as I realised, a year ago, that lockdown was imminent, I stocked up on my first aid box.
The one thing I didn’t have enough of was cotton wool last year, for Popeye’s several abscesses, because of that feral cat attacking him.
I have enough cotton wool now!!!!

Last edited: