Finally a libre 2!!!

Kirstyuk

After months off being unwell. Finally aloud to have a libre but only for two week trail. Not revived it yet. Just wondering does anyone know what happens after the two week trial. Thanks

Jc3131

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After months off being unwell. Finally aloud to have a libre but only for two week trail. Not revived it yet. Just wondering does anyone know what happens after the two week trial. Thanks
I just got forgot about and 15 months later I still have Libre. If you prove that you can make it improve your blood levels then I think you should be fine. Just learn everything you can about how it works. I was told today that im getting moved onto the Libre 2.

Good luck

kerryh1

once you trial it , make sure to use plenty of time and make notes on it , so they can see . then you should have no teouble keeping it .

Reactions: enzina and Kirstyuk

kerryh1

I just got forgot about and 15 months later I still have Libre. If you prove that you can make it improve your blood levels then I think you should be fine. Just learn everything you can about how it works. I was told today that im getting moved onto the Libre 2.

Good luck
hi . i have been on libre2 for 10 days but can not get the alarm warnings to work all i keep getting is loss connection but i know im not . im using iphone 11 , i know a few people haveing same trouble so once its ran out i will be using the reader provided by libre as i have heard of no complaints using that . so good luck

chaste

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi . i have been on libre2 for 10 days but can not get the alarm warnings to work

Just moved over from Libre1 to Libre2 and had a lot of problems too with alarms on my phone:

It would seem that in order to have the alarms working you must have both bluetooth and gps turned on BEFORE you scan the sensor. (I didn't and had to reload the app to get it to work).

Also they are telling me to keep bluetooth and GPS permanently turned on in my phone for alarms to work as "the alarms are only set to work in UK"....

Not very happy as that is the case would be a huge drain on my battery.

Let us know how you get on kirstyuk & kerryh1 and anyone else please!?

Kirstyuk

Just moved over from Libre1 to Libre2 and had a lot of problems too with alarms on my phone:

It would seem that in order to have the alarms working you must have both bluetooth and gps turned on BEFORE you scan the sensor. (I didn't and had to reload the app to get it to work).

Also they are telling me to keep bluetooth and GPS permanently turned on in my phone for alarms to work as "the alarms are only set to work in UK"....

Thank you. I only ordered today. So should be with me in 5days

Reactions: chaste

kerryh1

may i ask what phone you have if you dont mind ,mine is iphone11 as customer support really was no help and that was after 3times a hour a time , none of them mentioned turned on gps . so if it is gps , if i re-install the app then turn on gps will it work ? i dont want to waste another libre2 , with trying it with a new one . thank you for your advice .

chaste

Type of diabetes
Type 1
dont want to waste another libre2 said:
I know what you mean! I had a long and protracted call with customer service (I'm on android) and was getting a red exclamation mark icon over the alarms setting.... eventually and as a last resort we removed the warning by deleting and reloading the librelink app on the phone.

sensor has only been on for a few hours so will have to wait and see if I get any alarms but if it means having gps and bluetooth permanently on to get them... I think I'd rather go without them tbh

maybe just turn on for starting sensor and then have the option to dip in and out if you see what I mean.

kerryh1

thank you for the reply , think i will let this one run out and then activate a new one with the libre reader , until someone has a fix for the phone . to many complaints not for it to be a fault

bonerp

Does the libre 2 alarms work on android? Disappointed that it can't alarm on meter and phone at the same time.

My 9 year old was diagnosed December 30th and has started using the libre 2 15th feb so very new to all this. So far her sensor stopped working after about 4 days and is now onto her 2nd sensor and still the alarm isn't working properly. Has anyone else had problems with the sensor?

Kirstyuk

I only got mine yesterday so far so good. My Alarms have been going off if above 14 and below 3. I don’t use my phone. I use the Libre machine. Which I find easier

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I only got mine yesterday so far so good. My Alarms have been going off if above 14 and below 3. I don’t use my phone. I use the Libre machine. Which I find easier

I'm guessing that as it's new you are experimenting, but I would think you'd have alarms more like 5 & 9 so you could ascertain whether corrective action is required. These levels seem a bit late.

Just my 2p worth.

Reactions: Kirstyuk

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Does the libre 2 alarms work on android? Disappointed that it can't alarm on meter and phone at the same time.

Should do. It would be hard to alarm on both devices. It needs to 'pair' with the one you start with.

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
My GP finally changed the prescription and i could collect new Libre 2 sensors today. I have bought a new reader from Abbott and can't wait to get started. My sensor expires in four days, hopefully i get the alarm to work. My phone is an iPhone XR.

Reactions: Kirstyuk