Anyone experience muscle twitching?

Caprock94

I have had muscle twitching problems for years. Went to a neurologist several years before become diabetic, and everything checked out ok. I was likely prediabetic at the time. I'm just wondering if diabetes has anything to do with it. More than that, I am curious if anyone else has experienced this and what remedies you have found that help.

DisneyGuy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Negative people and negative outlooks.
Diabetes lol
I had facial twitches (cheek and eyelids) alot before diagnosis.
Since eating healthier and exercise I havent

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had facial twitches (cheek and eyelids) alot before diagnosis.
Since eating healthier and exercise I havent
Actually I used to have eye twitching but not for a long time, I put it down to lack of sleep, but you never know

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I have been getting that when I am tired, but my prescription for glasses must have changed since I have been losing weight as my close ups and distance glasses seem "fuzzy"

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Actually I used to have eye twitching but not for a long time, I put it down to lack of sleep, but you never know
Yes. When my BG was very high before diagnosis 2 months ago, calf muscles had noticeable palpitations, not twitching to the extent of involuntary movements though.

I was informed possibly due to excess blood sugar by my GP and good BG control will help negate, which it has. Have not had any issues in over a month.