Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi
I last had laser treatment around 20 years ago.....
I'm 52 work and drive...…

Good luck
Tony

Reactions: oldgreymare

35yearsofType1

I’ve had diabetes 40 years and had laser treatment in my left eye over 20 years ago . My control was pants, however I used to wear glasses for distance , but now I don’t my control is a lot better these days , and every year I have the usual t done and every year I get the same letter little or no changes , no cause for concern , and let me say my control was a. Millennium away from where yours is so it doesn’t mean because you’ve had laser treatment you will lose your sight . Technology has made tighter control much easier , and let’s be fair that’s all we can do , and try and cram as much in to every day and I would say that even if I wasn’t diabetic ,
Do it and regret it never regret not doing it !!!!!!!
Thank you very much - you are making me feel better I’m going to ask about my right eye and hopefully we can stop this in it’s tracks.

Wanderer89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
14 years type 1 here and going through the referral stages at the moment with treatment on the horizon. Aged 31 so younger than you are. I must say , the anxiety I have been feeling over it the last couple of months is unreal it’s taking it’s toll. Also got a daughter to look after who was born in the lockdown. We all have our ups and downs & you constantly kick yourself but you can’t change your past & some things just can’t be avoided. Keep your head up and stay positive and control as well as possible. Your not alone in this journey.

35yearsofType1

14 years type 1 here and going through the referral stages at the moment with treatment on the horizon. Aged 31 so younger than you are. I must say , the anxiety I have been feeling over it the last couple of months is unreal it’s taking it’s toll. Also got a daughter to look after who was born in the lockdown. We all have our ups and downs & you constantly kick yourself but you can’t change your past & some things just can’t be avoided. Keep your head up and stay positive and control as well as possible. Your not alone in this journey.
Thank you for your response - I have two small children too. To reassure you I have been referred before a few years ago and then after them monitoring me I was discharge as when I had NonProliferative retinopathy it then got better and I went back to back ground retinopathy.

I know what you mean though it’s being stuck in my own thoughts and I think being in lockdown isn’t really helping. I have written a list of questions today that I am going to take with me to ask when I get my next appointment and hopefully that can help!
Good luck

35yearsofType1

Sorry you've had this happen. Do you go to an opticians that takes retinal photographs and therefore has a record of how your eyes were, and how they are now? If so, I would book an appointment with them for a second opinion, or you could ask to speak to someone else at the hospital before you have any treatment, to give you peace of mind.

Just thought I would reply and say your idea was great - I booked an appointment with my normal optician and he spent ages looking at my eyes. It was really positive the new vessels that existed before have shrunk, no leaking and took new photographs of my retina to see how it compares no new vessels since. I feel much more in control now and wish I’d booked the appointment sooner! Thank you for your advice. X