24 hour Mountain Bike Race

hamish112

Hi All,

Some of my work mates and I are taking part in a 24 hour mountain bike race called Mountain Mayhem near Ledbury, UK this Saturday and Sunday the 18th/19th June. We are raising money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation using the just giving site http://www.justgiving.com/swedeandvikingraiders
I would be very grateful if you would consider sponsoring us! I have had type 1 since the age of five and would very much like to see the end of diabetes for all as soon as possible so everything I can raise now can only help.

Cheers

Hamish

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hamish - sorry I missed this, especially as several friends were competing in Mountain Mayhem. How did you get on?

In case you don't aleady know, MAD (Mountains for Active Diabetics) website is a good place to "meet" other people with diabetes and love of outdoor activities. I've done several adventure races myself and will be marshalling at Open 12 in North York Moors this weekend. Sleepmonsters UK is a good place to add your profile if you're keen to find team mates for other adventure races / MTB events etc.

hamish112

Strewth, missed your reply! My team did reasonably well and will be going again in 2012 although without me as I'm going to try it solo.... With my new animas vibe and CGMS sport has become much easier to manage without too many hypos! ;-)

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good news, Hamish. Do think about Sleepmonsters, MAD etc.

I might be back in the world of AR / MTB races etc, once my knee is fixed - haven't been able to walk or stand properly, nor kayak or orienteer at all since I fell down a cattlegrid in the dark while putting out cycle sportive arrows on 25th July. At least I can still cycle or roads or very good tracks (up to about 10 miles per day).