Carb shock

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Probably because they have glucose syrup/sugar and a whole lot of starch in them. Never had one but just looked up the ingredients - yuk!

Reactions: Justa_swim_coach

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Which is the sum total of the entire packet isn't it?

I was quite surprised!

Leek and potato ingredients:

Ingredients

Water, Potato (20%), Leek (10%), Glucose Syrup, Vegetable Oils (Palm, Sunflower), Palm Fat, Salt, Lactose (Milk), Yeast Extract (contains Barley), Milk Proteins, Flavour Enhancers (Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium 5'-Ribonucleotides), Emulsifier (Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Flavourings (contain Milk)

Chicken:

Ingredients
Water, Glucose Syrup, Cooked Chicken (2.5%), Maize Starch, Onion, Palm Oil, Palm Fat, Salt, Milk Proteins, Flavour Enhancers (Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium 5'- Ribonucleotides), Yeast Extract (contains Barley), Emulsifier (Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Parsley, Flavourings, Ground Turmeric, Sage Extract, Black Pepper Extract

Reactions: KK123

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Celeriac and leek with lots of garlic. Is an unattractive shade of beige but tastes delicious!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have quite a few kitchen 'toys' one of which is a Bamix hand held blender - it is really useful as it can be used straight into a pan or a jug and a few leftovers become a tasty sauce or the basis for a soup or stew.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My base for veg soup is leek,garlic and chilli ,marmite then any above ground veg Bung into pressure cooker or stock pot don't forget water or stock ! Cook for about 10 minutes according to amount Blitz and serve with a swirl of cream and a small sprinkle of turmeric and a few leaves of fresh parsley if you like It is a good start for experiment
Carol