HONEY & DIABETES

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Things have moved on considerably since your mum and grandmother were diagnosed. This forum is full of a wealth of information from members who live with diabetes of all different types. They share their knowledge and time for nothing.

Your answers to questions will help people offer appropriate advice.

It is entirely in your own hands whether you want to get your health back.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why do you think so?

Hi,

I am starting to see evasive patterns in your replies.
What was your HbA1c on diagnosis.?
What insulin/s did your doctor prescribe.?
More to the point, if your diabetic folk use this "remedy."
How does their BG managment & health fair, using nectar from the hive?

a.khat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi,

I am starting to see evasive patterns in your replies.
What was your HbA1c on diagnosis.?
What insulin/s did your doctor prescribe.?
More to the point, if your diabetic folk use this "remedy"?
How does their BG management & health fair, using nectar from the hive?

1. It was 9,5
2. Rapid-acting insulin, Afrezza
3. You meant, if people in my village use honey to treat diabetes? The friend of my grandma does.
4. I know that her son bought a glucometer for her, but I am not sure, if she uses it.

Last edited:

a.khat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Things have moved on considerably since your mum and grandmother were diagnosed. This forum is full of a wealth of information from members who live with diabetes of all different types. They share their knowledge and time for nothing.

Your answers to questions will help people offer appropriate advice.

It is entirely in your own hands whether you want to get your health back.

Yes, I got it. Thanks :)

a.khat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

a.khat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi, if you think that your grandma is a more reliable source than the internet are you going to listen to any of the wealth of intelligent experience available here (on the internet?)

I meant that there is a lot of rubbish among UNspecialized resources. I hope at this site on diabetes I can find the answer to my question. So, yes. I gonna do that.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
1. It was 9,5
2. Rapid-acting insulin, Afrezza
3. You meant, if people in my village use honey to treat diabetes? The friend of my grandma does.
4. I know that her son bought a glucometer for her, but I am not sure, if she uses it.

Hi,

I live in a village myself. Great life!

Are you using your Afrezza as directed by your doctor?
How are you coping with the drug?

Last edited:

Lilylala

Hi a.khat , you said that your DR put you on insulin to live I believe you said ? Did you get this advice from a hospital DR or your family DR ? Have you had advice on your dosage and how to adjust your fast acting insulin to your pre meal glucose reading ?
How much are you currently taking, are you seeing less than a 2 mmol raise after 2 hours post meal ?
Myself I am On nova rapid, myself was over weight but started eating one meal a day and lost 3 stone , and now only taking 4units of insulin some days I have no insulin also on diagnosis my hba1c was 116 and taking 80 units a day of insulin and now hba1c it's 46, so what I am trying to say is a lot of type 2 diabetic s can go into remission and come off medication you are young and with a good supporters can get you healthy and stay well
we are all here to help and answer any questions
take care
good luck

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How much are you currently taking, are you seeing less than a 2 mmol raise after 2 hours post meal ?
Though note most insulins do not fully act within 2 hours, they don't work like normal insulin in the body - its upto 4 hours for most fast acting ones, don't know about Afrezza

a.khat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi,

I live in a village myself. Great life!

Are you using your Afrezza as directed by your doctor?
How are you coping with the drug?

Wow! Totally agree! Hate big cities to be honest!

I use it not every time, but if I feel worse, I just resort to inhalation. By the way, today I am going to my doctor..

Lilylala

Though note most insulins do not fully act within 2 hours, they don't work like normal insulin in the body - its upto 4 hours for most fast acting ones, don't know about Afrezza
Yes they can work up to 2-5 hours but you should see the peak by 2 hrs so that's why you can test at that 2hrs point to see if what you have eaten and what dosage of insulin has effected your blood glucose , of course that you can test 2 ,4, 5 hours post meal to see the results .

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have never come across inhaled insulin. You need to talk to your doctor. Personally I would cut the carbs.

a.khat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi a.khat , you said that your DR put you on insulin to live I believe you said ? Did you get this advice from a hospital DR or your family DR ? Have you had advice on your dosage and how to adjust your fast acting insulin to your pre meal glucose reading ?
Myself I am On nova rapid, myself was over weight but started eating one meal a day and lost 3 stone , and now only taking 4units of insulin some days I have no insulin also on diagnosis my hba1c was 116 and taking 80 units a day of insulin and now hba1c it's 46, so what I am trying to say is a lot of type 2 diabetic s can go into remission and come off medication you are young and with a good supporters can get you healthy and stay well
we are all here to help and answer any questions
take care
good luck

Hi!

I was given the advice about honey by my grandma. And yes, I was given advice about my dosage. 15 unites for one time, if I am not mistaken, but I don't follow it strictly.
I'm grateful for your warm message and I wish you healthy bright life!

xoxo
A.khat

a.khat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Wow! Totally agree! Hate big cities to be honest!

I use it not every time, but if I feel worse, I just resort to inhalation. By the way, today I am going to my doctor..
This may explain. https://afrezza.com

Not tried it myself..

What did you try instead?

I was examined by a doctor. She said to take blood tests. Hate these punctures. I mostly lost concessioners while the procedure. How do you react to such an awful thing?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What did you try instead?

I was examined by a doctor. She said to take blood tests. Hate these punctures. I mostly lost concessioners while the procedure. How do you react to such an awful thing?

I do it the traditional way. Injection.

My reaction? it keeps my BGs managed.. :)