What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
Morning folks,

5.5 at 0720 and target weight achieved, 12st 5 and a BMI under 25 for first time in 30 years.

Discipline in diet and exercise would appear to be working (with the occasional break for sanity’s sake)

Treadmill today as it’s too windy and I am not that dedicated .

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Morning folks,

5.5 at 0720 and target weight achieved, 12st 5 and a BMI under 25 for first time in 30 years.

Discipline in diet and exercise would appear to be working (with the

Great results, fantastic achievement.A thousnd congratulations.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning folks,

Discipline in diet and exercise would appear to be working (with the occasional break for sanity’s sake)

:woot:

Reactions: Ryhia and HeliGary

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning folks,

well done Heligary x

Reactions: HeliGary

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.2 more meh. I really must learn not to eat up the last banana in the fruit bowl, they spike me like crazy. Watched the horror story unfold on the Libre - bananas crossed off the household shopping list, like forever. Appointment with doc next week about insulin changes.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Fbg this morning was 4.2 (slept a bit in).

@HeliGary -- Congrats on hitting a weight loss milestone. Really well done.
@flyn -- You are already getting some good numbers in the evening. Fasting levels are usually the last to come down in Type 2s due to dawn phenomenon (DP = Body releases hormones to provide energy when waking up, this increases blood glucose levels, insulin is subsequently released to lower glucose levels, but due to the insulin resistance typical in T2s, the insulin isn't as effective as in those without resistance, and glucose stays somewhat elevated.) Personally, for me it took about half a year for fasting levels to drop back to normal. Also, good luck with your appointment, hope you gets lots of helpful information.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
Hello all,

Fbg this morning was 4.2 (slept a bit in).

@HeliGary -- Congrats on hitting a weight loss milestone. Really well done.
@flyn -- You are already getting some good numbers in the evening. Fasting levels are usually the last to come down in Type 2s due to dawn phenomenon (DP = Body releases hormones to provide energy when waking up, this increases blood glucose levels, insulin is subsequently released to lower glucose levels, but due to the insulin resistance typical in T2s, the insulin isn't as effective as in those without resistance, and glucose stays somewhat elevated.) Personally, for me it took about half a year for fasting levels to drop back to normal. Also, good luck with your appointment, hope you gets lots of helpful information.

Thank you, it’s surprising how far a bit of encouragement from folk on here goes.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been AWOL dealing with some family emergencies, and other business. Hope folks are well, will try to catch up.
Have kept up checking BG and nothing exciting to report. Mainly high 5s. So I high five myself for that.
I haven’t been able to sleep tonight. As it is now 3 am I am undecided as to whether I should test fasting now and beat DP, or try to get some sleep and see what it is later.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
Been AWOL dealing with some family emergencies, and other business. Hope folks are well, will try to catch up.
Have kept up checking BG and nothing exciting to report. Mainly high 5s. So I high five myself for that.
I haven’t been able to sleep tonight. As it is now 3 am I am undecided as to whether I should test fasting now and beat DP, or try to get some sleep and see what it is later.

Well done on the 5s, sorry to hear of family emergencies.

Can’t sleep either so have been up working since 0230, just done a BG at 0500 and 5.9 this morning, off for a quick nap before work.

No running today (probably), I’ve changed to day on day off , after advice from a much more experienced running colleague of a similar age.