Fallen off the wagon

MetabolicJim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just went out for a stroll, got back and decided to test my blood glucose for the first time in ages. Was shocked it was 6.8. Opened a new tub of test strips and got 7.9 followed by 7.4. I am yet to eat today. The walk will have made my liver dump a bit of glucose but the numbers reflect insulin resistance.

Got on the scales and I was disappointed to see I am back up to 110kg which was my weight at diagnosis (summer 2019). Last time I measured was October and I was 103.

I got my HbA1c measured in February and it was 43 - the first time I’ve been into pre-diabetic range since diagnosis.

I’ve basically been hibernating all winter and I’m only perking up now there is warmth in the sun. Been really fatigued all winter which is how I felt at diagnosis. I stopped weighing myself, stopped checking my blood sugar, stopped checking my blood pressure, stopped exercise except walking, stopped fasting once a week. I was even eating things like muffins with butter which is probably how I got diabetic to begin with.

I know what to do so I’m not really looking for advice. Now spring is here I feel more energetic so I’m going to get back down to things. I’m just annoyed at myself for sliding all the way back down the mountain - especially with the weight gain.

Reactions: Jillery

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, you’re back on the wagon and even though you don’t want advice, mine is to just draw a line under things and don’t beat yourself up. It’s been a hard year, and a harder winter!

Reactions: Jillery