Dizziness

Angengray

Hi all. I am type two. I'm getting very frustrated as I keep going dizzy. My sugars were 5.0 when it happened. I am having tinnitus quite loud as well. Had a really bad bout of vertigo a few weeks bk in the middle of exercising and haven't properly gotten over it. Felt quite good yesterday though. Was very active walking everyday. I'm new to this disease and need more information i think I've been off metformin now for a year and my hba1c came back today at 5.4 so normal which is great. I've had an ecg and full blood count done pretty much all good. Dr has booked me into the ENT clinic for dizziness. So sorry for waffling on. My question really is ..is everyone different with their tolerance of blood sugar levels or does everyone feel giddy at 5.0 ? Any responses will be very much appreciated. I do suffer badly with anxiety so know this can make my symptoms a lot worse. Angela

CathytheChef

In the past when my blood sugars were normally over 10, I would feel hypo at about 5 or 6ish. But if your HbA1c is 5.4 then it doesn't sound like that's you? Although I do sometimes get dizzy when I'm low, personally when I've been dizzy in the past it's been due to anaemia or my neurological condition (not suggesting either of these are causing your dizziness). Hopefully whatever is causing it you get to the bottom of it and find a treatment that helps - I know dizziness is no fun :-(

Reactions: Angengray

Angengray

In the past when my blood sugars were normally over 10, I would feel hypo at about 5 or 6ish. But if your HbA1c is 5.4 then it doesn't sound like that's you? Although I do sometimes get dizzy when I'm low, personally when I've been dizzy in the past it's been due to anaemia or my neurological condition (not suggesting either of these are causing your dizziness). Hopefully whatever is causing it you get to the bottom of it and find a treatment that helps - I know dizziness is no fun :-(
Thank you Cathy x

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
its very easy to think that diabetes is at the root of everything wrong with us , even when it isn't. There could be many reasons for it so keep tlking to your doctors to get to the root of it.
Meanwhile I find I get a little dizzy if my blood pressure is low , or if I havent been having enough salt in my food. Sometimes increasing fluids helps, and having a little more salt

Reactions: Angengray

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. I am type two. I'm getting very frustrated as I keep going dizzy. My sugars were 5.0 when it happened. I am having tinnitus quite loud as well. Had a really bad bout of vertigo a few weeks bk in the middle of exercising and haven't properly gotten over it. Felt quite good yesterday though. Was very active walking everyday. I'm new to this disease and need more information i think I've been off metformin now for a year and my hba1c came back today at 5.4 so normal which is great. I've had an ecg and full blood count done pretty much all good. Dr has booked me into the ENT clinic for dizziness. So sorry for waffling on. My question really is ..is everyone different with their tolerance of blood sugar levels or does everyone feel giddy at 5.0 ? Any responses will be very much appreciated. I do suffer badly with anxiety so know this can make my symptoms a lot worse. Angela
Taking any blood pressure meds?

Angengray

its very easy to think that diabetes is at the root of everything wrong with us , even when it isn't. There could be many reasons for it so keep tlking to your doctors to get to the root of it.
Meanwhile I find I get a little dizzy if my blood pressure is low , or if I havent been having enough salt in my food. Sometimes increasing fluids helps, and having a little more salt
Thank you x

Angengray

BP is normal to borderline high when anxious

Reactions: Barbara93

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya not sure if it helps or not but I definitely have dizziness when anxious and have had for years.for me I’ve worked out I grind my teeth overnight when in spells of stress or anxiety and brings on dizziness. I’ve also brought on dizziness when doing high intensity exercise think again I grit my teeth because of the effort ! I also did suffer from dizziness when on blood pressure meds and my body went too low and this went away when came off the meds but think stress related dizziness is my main reason. I’ve had some slight dizziness again last few days and know it’s stress and poor sleep.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Could it be false hypo? if blood glucose blood glucose numbers have high fluctuation it can still show the average to be a near normal 5.4 on HbA1c...I am just guessing though but if I were you, I would get Freestyle libre and check for next 14 days the trends as that may allow me to atleast eliminate this and might also unearth the mystery.