Tee2 Strip price increase

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Just had a bit of a shock to find that the price of Tee2 blood glucose strips is now £9.99 for 50 ex vat!

Instead ordered a pack of 250 from Homehealth for the Gluco Navi. at £7.69 for 50.

When they arrive I'll run a parallel test for a few days to see how the two compare (I already had the meter from ages ago).

And report back here.

Reactions: Antje77

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I went to order some Tee2 strips from Spirit Health and found the same thing, £9.99 for 50. As I also have a Sinocare Safe Accu monitor I have ordered strips for this instead, strips work out a little cheaper at £32.99 for 200. (Bulk discount) . To be honest I was seeing so much variance with the Tee2, I was thinking of changing back anyway.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks like they have put all their prices up. I phoned them up as when I’d put my strips for my Caresens recently the total came to a lot more than I was expecting. I rang them up to ask them to deduct the VAT only to be told there was no VAT on my order but the prices had gone up!

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like they have put all their prices up. I phoned them up as when I’d put my strips for my Caresens recently the total came to a lot more than I was expecting. I rang them up to ask them to deduct the VAT only to be told there was no VAT on my order but the prices had gone up!

Exactly the same here - assumed VAT had been added, but it hadn’t.

Reactions: SueO246

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brexit, again?

I note the next Samsung Galaxy Watch is going to monitor blood glucose, so I am planning to ditch the Tee2 anyway later this year.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brexit, again?

I note the next Samsung Galaxy Watch is going to monitor blood glucose, so I am planning to ditch the Tee2 anyway later this year.
Any idea how much it will cost?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are rumours that the Apple Watch Series 7 out later this year might have blood glucose monitoring. Typical I recently got a Series 6. However if the O2 sensor and heart rate monitoring on the Series 6 are anything to go by, hopefully it’ll be accurate (but at a price!)

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No idea of price yet, but it's unlikely to be more than 6 months of a Libre...

Reactions: SueO246

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There are rumours that the Apple Watch Series 7 out later this year might have blood glucose monitoring. Typical I recently got a Series 6. However if the O2 sensor and heart rate monitoring on the Series 6 are anything to go by, hopefully it’ll be accurate (but at a price!)
I wonder how that would work, but sounds interesting. The heart rate monitor is pretty accurate but the o2 less so. Any device that helps improve monitoring is a great idea but I do worry about accuracy

@bulkbiker was there any info as to the price increase? Lots get blamed on it but wondering if the Brexit trade issues are the problem here? Could this roll out across more strips?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder how that would work, but sounds interesting. The heart rate monitor is pretty accurate but the o2 less so. Any device that helps improve monitoring is a great idea but I do worry about accuracy

@bulkbiker was there any info as to the price increase? Lots get blamed on it but wondering if the Brexit trade issues are the problem here? Could this roll out across more strips?
They just said that prices had been the same for ages (which is true) and that they needed to make some more money (honest at least) . The strips come from South Korea so doubt there's been any Brexit influence there.

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Having just got a new phone I also note that Galaxy Health now syncs with my Tee 2 meter. So that's a definite yes imo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210322-185034_Samsung Health.png
    Screenshot_20210322-185034_Samsung Health.png
    119 KB · Views: 91