Thinking of changing my meter

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am getting to the stage of needing more strips, and possibly a replacement for my Sdcodefree meter

I am wondering about a different one. Any suggestions please?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have no experience of it but Home Health have the Gluco Navii which looks to be on a par with the Code Free. Spirit Health has applied large increases in the cost of strips recently, they provide the Tee 2 and the Caresens Dual which I use, so I am considering a swap too, but it’ll be a while as I just got a big delivery of strips!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have recently got a Contour Next meter, as my old meter was having bluetooth problems with my phone.

The meter is accurate as far as I can test against other meters, it comes with a lancet device and 10 lancets also 10 strips to get you started.

Ascencia are giving them away free here in Australia, so it's a good chance they are doing the same in the UK or where you live.

Here is pic of it in it's carry case that is also included, the lancets and device are a Fastclix not the same as the one that is supplied.

Johmiuc.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve just been looking at the Navii and by purchasing 10 boxes of strips and using the code navvi10 the pots work out at £5.77 each.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have recently got a Contour Next meter, as my old meter was having bluetooth problems with my phone.

The meter is accurate as far as I can test against other meters, it comes with a lancet device and 10 lancets also 10 strips to get you started.

Ascencia are giving them away free here in Australia, so it's a good chance they are doing the same in the UK or where you live.

Same here, though it's not too surprising they give them away as the cheapest box of 50 I can find is £22. As I only use one a day it's doable...
My last meter gave up the ghost, so got another one, like shown in the deleted pic and it's not a user friendly as the previous one.

Thinking of changing myself, so this thread is timely.
:)

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you email Home Health and nd explain.that you want to change to the new Navvii they may offer you a deal They are very good with their customer service
Carol

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve just been looking at the Navii and by purchasing 10 boxes of strips and using the code navvi10 the pots work out at £5.77 each.
Which site did you use and where did you find the code navvi10 - I cannot see any discount codes on the Home Health site? Thanks.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I am getting to the stage of needing more strips, and possibly a replacement for my Sdcodefree meter

Apologies for asking but can’t you get one from doctors?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Which site did you use and where did you find the code navvi10 - I cannot see any discount codes on the Home Health site? Thanks.
If you put the pack of 10 boxes into the basket and go to checkout you type in navii10 here
Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 09.53.54.png

Then click apply coupon and the the total changes here

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 09.54.09.png

Reactions: Rachox

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies for asking but can’t you get one from doctors?
My surgery do not give meters or strips to type 2 diabetics who are not on insulin.

And the ones they have may have expensive test strips.

Does your go issue Meyers and strips to type 2 diabetics in general?

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
My surgery do not give meters or strips to type 2 diabetics who are not on insulin.

And the ones they have may have expensive test strips.

Does your go issue Meyers and strips to type 2 diabetics in general?
When I was diagnosed she said I didn’t need to test but that I was entitled to testing kit as I was diabetic. I get repeat prescriptions as well.
They also gave me new machine when they updated and changed things. In that respect they are very good

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was diagnosed she said I didn’t need to test but that I was entitled to testing kit as I was diabetic. I get repeat prescriptions as well.
They also gave me new machine when they updated and changed things. In that respect they are very good
You are on a medication, Forxiga, that can result in hypos.. with your driving school profession to not have supplied you with a meter would have been malpractice and dangerous.
That's why you got one.. nothing to do with your surgery being "very good".

Reactions: Freema

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
You are on a medication, Forxiga, that can result in hypos.. with your driving school profession to not have supplied you with a meter would have been malpractice and dangerous.
That's why you got one.. nothing to do with your surgery being "very good".
I don’t know. My dr has always maintained that I couldn’t get hypos as such. And they have kept me the strips etc now I’m on trulicity.
As for my job she always was adamant a and insisted I didn’t test during work hours

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

If you want to stick with the code free I've got one I don't use you could have, as I get my meter/strips from the GP due to being on Glic