High Protein Noodles

SOTR

In Tesco yesterday I saw a pack of high protein noodles. The pack said they have wheat and pea protein.
What do people think of these? I did not look to see what the carb level was on the labelling.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never eaten them but here's the nutritional information: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/299847531.
Typical Values Per 100g / 1/2 of a pack (150g)
Energy 647kJ / 153kcal / 970kJ / 229kcal
Fat 1.1g / 1.7g
Saturates 0.2g / 0.3g
Carbohydrate 25.4g / 38.1g
Sugars 1.2g / 1.8g
Fibre 1.8g / 2.7g
Protein 9.4g / 14.1g
Salt 0.1g / 0.1g

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I feel a blood glucose monitor would not respond well to this. When I was a child peas were a side, I don't think concentrating a protein to an unnatural amount is a good idea, the original packaging would have had ratios defined by nature, I would not want to be part of an experiment.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you want noodles, try any of the Konjac ones My personal favourites are the bare naked ones, but there are plenty of others, I don't find they work well as a pasta substitute (I prefer courgetti) but as noodles in a stir fry they work well

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In Tesco yesterday I saw a pack of high protein noodles. The pack said they have wheat and pea protein.
What do people think of these? I did not look to see what the carb level was on the labelling.
They don't seem to be very low carb. This is the label from Waitrose normal "straight to wok" egg noodles, you might as well have those. I think Oomi noodles are the best low carb ones if you can find them.
DSC_0815.jpg

SarahEN

If you want noodles, try any of the Konjac ones My personal favourites are the bare naked ones, but there are plenty of others, I don't find they work well as a pasta substitute (I prefer courgetti) but as noodles in a stir fry they work well
I concur on both the bare naked & the courgetti.
The rice from bare naked is alright as well as is cauliflower rice.

Andy_Warlow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cycling,
look for Naked noddles in Tesco, they are great and don't spike my Bloods