swan45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I am type 2 diabetic, and have not really been keeping an eye on My diet or health as I have been signed off work for quite a while, and since covid being on lockdown my weight has hot worse, not excersing at all. So it's self inflicted all my issues I am having, which are that my glucose urine test strip is showing the colour exceeds and reads 55+5, it is virtually black. It's been like this for about a week. I have started to take electrolyte powder in water to help, I have such a dry mouth mainly at bedtime, I get these horrible scary physical head senses of where it starts slow with it making me feel low very quick then itvesculates to a peak and then it totally debilitated me, I have to take deep breaths during it, before you know its going off and subsiding but as it does it leaves my head feeling warm and makes me feel a little sick.. My mind is quite strange during these episodes as I am unable to talk during it. I have to stand and lean over a table etc if standing up, I had some tests like a heart monitor, and it picked up my heart rate heightens when asleep. It goes off the scale. Surprised I'm still here? Any help please share,. Thank you.

swan45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I am type 2 diabetic, and have not really been keeping an eye on My diet or health as I have been signed off work for quite a while, and since covid being on lockdown my weight has got worse, not excersising at all. So it's self inflicted all my issues I am having, which are that my glucose urine test strip is showing the colour exceeds and reads 55+5, it is virtually black. It's been like this for about a week. I have started to take electrolyte powder in water to help, I have such a dry mouth mainly at bedtime, I get these horrible scary physical head senses of where it starts slow with it making me feel low very quick then it esculates to a peak and then it totally debilitated me, I have to take deep breaths during it, before you know its going off and subsiding but as it does it leaves my head feeling warm and makes me feel a little sick.. My mind is quite strange during these episodes as I am unable to talk during it. I have to stand and lean over a table etc if standing up, I had some tests like a heart monitor, and it picked up my heart rate heightens when asleep. It goes off the scale. I am going to the toilet alot more too. Surprised I'm still here? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you .[ not on here much so I think I've replied to my own message rather than edited. /QUOTE]

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @swan45 , have you already contacted your doctor on the high sugar in your urine and the thirst?

swan45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi no but I will Monday, its just its me not really understanding all the ons and outs it's all too much information. I must go Monday. Not feeling so energetic in mind or body so I need to try to get myself sorted. I don't know what this is all doing to me as in damage. I can't hold my urine as soon as I want to go I can barely get to the loo quick enough. I had this before about a year ago, they gave me some antibiotics.

swan45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @swan45 , have you already contacted your doctor on the high sugar in your urine and the thirst?
Also I've got constipation all of the time and itch like a rash but it's just like prickly heat, so I take antihistamine every other day for 2 years. It won't go away. May mot be anything to do with diabetes, I do remember camping and it seemed to start the so I gave it up. Though being allergic to penicillin may cause extra reason for me having a reaction of vaping,

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If you feel this ill, and your urine strips show very high glucose, why not call 111 for advice to see what they say? Monday is a long time away.

swan45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I didn't think of that. I will thank you. I hate having diabetes.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
What kind of urine test strips are you using? Do they test for ketones or protein as well? I agree with @Antje77 that you should call 111 and get advice.

And don't blame yourself for gaining weight and getting higher sugars during lockdown. Weight gain is a symptom of T2 diabetes and if you have picked up an infection then that often causes high blood sugars. The issue with lockdown is that people are generally not seeing their doctors as often and conditions can get worse because regular checks are postponed.

Reactions: swan45

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes I didn't think of that. I will thank you. I hate having diabetes.
Do make sure you mention all the symptoms, diabetes doesn't normally causes a high pulse rate overnight afaik - there may be a number of things going on that all need checking out

Reactions: swan45

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Your symptoms seem to cover more than just diabetes so seeing the GP is important. You must get a glucose meter so you can understand more accurately what your BS is. Obviously you need to seriously look at your diet and reduce the carbs; set yourself a daily limit of, perhaps, 150gm/day. Do see the GP and explain all your symptoms. If the GP can't see you urgently then do call 111.

Reactions: EllieM and swan45