Anyone getting Libre 2 yet?

chaste

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

It just can't make head nor tail of it using the current Librelink app. Unless I use NFC. connection
Jaylee, some downside to expect then!

That is a pain, will see how it goes next week. Another minor annoyance: with Libre 1 I use both a librelink & meter, ( meter is only 'just in case' but still gets a few swipes each sensor)... that's as long as you scan with meter first time, then the mobile on starting each sensor.

Libre 2 doesn't offer this as you only have option to get alarms on the first device you sync sensor with,
so once connected to a phone you can't activate or use a meter. (although they did say to try and see what happens).

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jaylee, some downside to expect then!

That is a pain, will see how it goes next week. Another minor annoyance: with Libre 1 I use both a librelink & meter, ( meter is only 'just in case' but still gets a few swipes each sensor)... that's as long as you scan with meter first time, then the mobile on starting each sensor.

Libre 2 doesn't offer this as you only have option to get alarms on the first device you sync sensor with,
so once connected to a phone you can't activate or use a meter. (although they did say to try and see what happens).

I don't use the Abbot scanner for the Libre. (In fact I don't own one.)

You should always back up any errant readings using a finger prick BG test. Especially with hypos.
I found both the L1 & 2 have the same characteristic on lows.. Responds slower to a rise than a blood meter & how you feel.

Reactions: chaste

SilasH

hi i have had the libre 2 for a week had to change one as would not connect , put a new one on and doing same thing just keeps losing signal alarm . iphone11 . any advice out there be welcome .
I used to use the Libre 2 with my OPPO Android phone but had several problems with missed alarms. I have now changed to the dedicated Libre 2 reader and this has solved my issues. Only downside is the reports and graphs are not as good. You can of course download the results with Libre Link and share them with your HealthCare team.

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys,

long time reader first time poster...

I just got the call from my doctors yesterday that they had got the approval to switch me over to the Libre 2 sensor on my repeat prescription.

So it will be with me tomorrow hopefully, l still have 9 days on my current sensor but really wanting to just use it as soon as l get it lol

Brendan
Keep at that current sensor, you’ve got this!

Not too long to wait ☺️

kerryh1

I used to use the Libre 2 with my OPPO Android phone but had several problems with missed alarms. I have now changed to the dedicated Libre 2 reader and this has solved my issues. Only downside is the reports and graphs are not as good. You can of course download the results with Libre Link and share them with your HealthCare team.
i to am now using the libre reader and works perfect . the point is , it is supposed to work on your phone , but obviously does not

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i to am now using the libre reader and works perfect . the point is , it is supposed to work on your phone , but obviously does not
I wondered if anyone had issues with other Bluetooth connections interfering with the libre-phone connection? I guess using the reader is a way around it but I love using my phone with the libre 1.

Has anyone had the libre 2 and phone work without issue who also uses other Bluetooth devices with their phone? Like Bluetooth headphones or hands free calling in the car?

AFC84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have just started wearing the Libre 2. I had been prescribed the Libre in dec 2020. After my 6 year old was diagnosed in January 2021, my GP automatically switched my prescription to the Libre 2 so that we would both be using the same thing . On the back of this, my mother has also started to use the Libre 2. Have had the same issues with checking on phone - doesn’t always work as quickly as reader. I have tried contacting Abbott for a reader , can’t get any assistance but a manage. Think it is a great piece of kit and was delighted to get it for my daughter because of the alarms as they mean I can get some sleep!! Hate this illness but glad of any advances that make it easier and this is def one of them

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wondered if anyone had issues with other Bluetooth connections interfering with the libre-phone connection? I guess using the reader is a way around it but I love using my phone with the libre 1.

Has anyone had the libre 2 and phone work without issue who also uses other Bluetooth devices with their phone? Like Bluetooth headphones or hands free calling in the car?

Hi,

If found the L2 worked great with my old phone using The Diabox app. Just scan the sensor & it worked. Was close to the meter too? If on a rare occasion the signal was lost I scaned in Diabox with my phone & it picked up.

However the MM2 Bluetooth bridge that worked with the L1 didn't like the algorithm to work with my stand alone watch, using xDrip.
However, I found a firmware update for that which I hope to try out when the current L1 sensor ends & I try another L2.

The reason why a can switch around the Libre types is I self fund.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

If found the L2 worked great with my old phone using The Diabox app. Just scan the sensor & it worked. Was close to the meter too? If on a rare occasion the signal was lost I scaned in Diabox with my phone & it picked up.

However the MM2 Bluetooth bridge that worked with the L1 didn't like the algorithm to work with my stand alone watch, using xDrip.
However, I found a firmware update for that which I hope to try out when the current L1 sensor ends & I try another L2.

Thanks for sharing your experience. So far I've only used the standard libre app.

Very happy with libre 1 so don't want to request libre 2 if it won't work properly while I use other Bluetooth devices also connected to my phone (which I do daily, and don't want to stop using). Does the diabox app sync to libre view/the libre app so my diabetes clinic still gets proof I am scanning? This is one of the conditions for keeping the sensors funded. So happy with libre 1 but would be nice to have the alarm function without extra bulk on the sensor.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for sharing your experience. So far I've only used the standard libre app.

Very happy with libre 1 so don't want to request libre 2 if it won't work properly while I use other Bluetooth devices also connected to my phone (which I do daily, and don't want to stop using). Does the diabox app sync to libre view/the libre app so my diabetes clinic still gets proof I am scanning? This is one of the conditions for keeping the sensors funded. So happy with libre 1 but would be nice to have the alarm function without extra bulk on the sensor.

Now I self fund my sensors. So I don't get my lot involved in that stuff. Anymore They already think I'm "captain Kirk."
& didn't look at the data I gave the last time..
But looking at the Diabox app on my phone. It looks doable. But I haven't tried it. In therory it should gather it like a CGM??
See below a screen shot from my phone?

2021-03-06 19.51.20.png

Reactions: UK T1

kerryh1

I have just started wearing the Libre 2. I had been prescribed the Libre in dec 2020. After my 6 year old was diagnosed in January 2021, my GP automatically switched my prescription to the Libre 2 so that we would both be using the same thing . On the back of this, my mother has also started to use the Libre 2. Have had the same issues with checking on phone - doesn’t always work as quickly as reader. I have tried contacting Abbott for a reader , can’t get any assistance but a manage. Think it is a great piece of kit and was delighted to get it for my daughter because of the alarms as they mean I can get some sleep!! Hate this illness but glad of any advances that make it easier and this is def one of them
my advice is to use the reader that goes with the libre2 . libre2 app is not working on all phones properly . i had same issues on iphone11 constant not working , now using the libre reader and it is absolutely GREAT !!!!

Reactions: sleepster

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
my advice is to use the reader that goes with the libre2 . libre2 app is not working on all phones properly . i had same issues on iphone11 constant not working , now using the libre reader and it is absolutely GREAT !!!!
That’s a good idea...

kerryh1

That’s a good idea...
have to say the libre 2 is out of this world , takes a little getting used to with the alarms, so easy just to change them depending on what you are doing . just a little note once the alarm has gone above or below your settings it wont go of till its gone back above or below if that made sense lol .

maryrachel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Beetroot
I would say it is as accurate as the libre 1. It is proving very useful for the alarms though. You have option to turn them off, have only for low, or high or none.
I thought the Abbott website said they where the same price? It cost me £48 which is what I’d been paying I thought...unless I’ve lost the plot, this lockdown is taking its toll so wouldn’t surprise me, apologies if I’ve got that price wrong! I have had my review with consultant & doesn’t look like I can get it on prescription still, as it’s difficult with covid at mo. Hmm but diabetes doesn’t stop, covid or not. Had worse hba1c ever and I’m trying see if libre will help me get better with dosing accuracy.
What I a, noticing with this libre 2 is that it’s harder to scan with my phone? Keep waving it around, sometimes it’s taken it but doesn’t sound, others not. Not sure if anyone else has this too?

I am not using Libre 2 yet but I get this problem often with libre 1. To fix I delete and reinstall the app. seems to fix it for a while. I use Iphone. Got appointment next week so will ask about the libre 2. I was using MiaoMiao and tomato app but it wasn't 100% reliable and also the MiaoMiao often pulled the sensor off. If Libre 2 can do what the tomato app did its perfect.

Alex1901

What is the difference between the 1st and 2nd generation Libre? I initially thought the 2nd generation was perhaps similar to the Dexcom where there is no need to manually scan or would provide a continuous real-time glucose readings automatically delivered to a person's smartphone, but I understand the Libre 3rd generation will only do that.

The reason I ask is my MiaoMiao just broke again which is so frustrating, in my line of work the ability to have my sugar levels automatically picked up by my phone or watch is great - with the work I do its a pain to find phone take off gloves which can be covered in concrete to then wave it across my arm to find out what my sugars are, or at least take a note of the trend like could they be dropping.

I understood the Libre3 is available in the US and Europe but there could be delays arriving to the UK due to new regs after leaving the EU. But from what I read it should be in the UK by second half of the year, I just dont know if it would become readily available for existing NHS Libre users.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hi,

Which standalone watch were you using @Jaylee? I’m looking at what you’ve experienced as I’m expecting to be transferred to Libre2 and really dread having to reconfigure everything. I’m hoping I’ll still be able to use it with a Miaomiao and a watlaa.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Which standalone watch were you using @Jaylee? I’m looking at what you’ve experienced as I’m expecting to be transferred to Libre2 and really dread having to reconfigure everything. I’m hoping I’ll still be able to use it with a Miaomiao and a watlaa.
Hi,

Hope yer well.?

My set up is a Samsung galaxy Note 4 phone running Android 6.1? it will not update the new Abbott app for the L2 needed to use the patch for xDrip. using the L2 bluetooth.
But Diabox app replaces that as a work around. Just scan the sensor using Diabox & you're away.. if the BT connection drops? scan the Libre 2.

The Miaomiao. i've managed to update the firmware on that so it now works with xDrip on my phone.. (trouble with compatibility with my phone on the new Librelink app so the L2 don't play straight with xDrip without the MM2. .

I basically have 2 apps running in tandem on my phone Diabox reading from the L2 & xDrip taking a reading from the miaomiao 2. so i know the MM2 can see & read the L2 algorithm.

The Watlaa one watch for some reason, though it sees the MM2. It's unwilling to pick up the actual Libre data?
Now I'm hearing that it works with Bubble & the L2 but i cant justify throwing down cash on another bridge to try this out.

I have no desire to either upgrade my phone, nor give up on the watch just yet..