Diabetes review

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi are people still having there reviews as normal as I have not had one since feb last year?
Yes, had mine in February (Yearly review to match datr of birth as normal)
However... This seems very much to be a bit of a postcode lottery. Some areas seem to be doing diabetic reviews, eye checks etc. As usual and others seem to be skipping or delaying

Best thing I would suggest is to call your surgery and ask

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I still get mine, but I do not live in the UK though.

I have a separate, podiatrist, optometrist, and blood tests at a pathology lab all of which are bulk billed with Medicare here in Australia. These services all operate under covid 19 restrictions including my GP.

Reactions: oldgreymare

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
I had mine 3 months early in September but am overdue for a retinopathy check at the local hospital.

Maco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Haven’t seen my consultant for coming up 2 year, he’s been running the Covid ward since last year. 2019’s appointment got cancelled for an unknown reason, 2020’s cancelled due to the consultant running the Covid ward. Guessing 2021’s could end up the same. Still have regular contact with my DSN though.

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
I email my consultant. We chat every two to three months. It is slowly dawning on me that this isn't terribly normal for the nhs.

Reactions: oldgreymare

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
I just had my annual DSN check up last week (bloods, urine, feet) at my GP clinic. She chased up my retinopathy review - now scheduled in 2 weeks. In 2020 my endo reviews (every 6 mths) were by telephone, next one is scheduled for August in person. My local hospital is a major diabetes research centre - they love that I share my (privately funded) G6 CGM data with them but freely admit I'd never qualify for one under the NHS...

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Despite ringing and trying to make an appointment I’m still waiting for my blood test and review - last one was Nov 2019. However I am keeping more of an eye on my BS levels than usual and will get in touch with the surgery if I’m concerned.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I email my consultant. We chat every two to three months. It is slowly dawning on me that this isn't terribly normal for the nhs.

Blimey! I don't even know who mine is, changes every time I go.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's amazing and incredibly unusual
Very lucky!