What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 1 slc hot cross bun toasted with butter on top. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - 3 bratwurst sausages with a little burger relish and grated cheese on top. 1 dark Aldi Mother Roth 85% chocolate bar

@maglil55 I got a text from Royal Mail saying DGF will be delivered tomorrow - fingers crossed ...

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reheated spicy sausages, eggs and tomato (reheating the sauages must have made them more spicier hot), tinned JW salmon and salad low carb wrap bit sloppy to hang onto when eating it, Pork chops and green veggies (broccoli, peas and beans) and gravy for dinner.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Monday bed 6.7 GBG 6.8. @PenguinMum - avocados are a nightmare just now. In some cases raw turnip would be more edible! I agree with @DJC3 on this. @DJC3 - I'm not sure about the DGF new flavours. My favourite from the two is coffee and walnut. The St Clements is very citrusy but the peel in it is giving it a bitterness. Both are quite dense. It's odd. I don't dislike them but I wouldn't say I loved them either. My brain at the moment has produced a longing for shortbread. The keto recipes don't make what I would regard as shortbread so I may look at a true recipe and see if I can adjust it. Anyway,
B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with a Dairylea cheese triangle.
L. Water only.
D. Mexican rissole thingies. GF pork sausage meat stuffed with mexican cheese and coated in my LC crumb mix with added chilli. With the obligatory broccoli and cauliflower souffle thing. DGF coffee and walnut.

And breathe......eldest grandson back in school this morning. Just until morning break but no meltdowns or severe anxiety. They're leaving the lessons to me while they wean him back on soft start. We'll gradually increase his time in school over the coming month or so. He was happy to see all his friends again. Fingers crossed.

Yes, I got bitterness from the St Clements too. Doubt I’ll get either again, which is a good thing! My favourites are the nutty ones and salted caramel.
I can sympathise with your shortbread longings. It’ll be difficult to get the exact crispy yet crumbly and buttery texture and taste with almond flour. I’ll watch your experiments with interest.
Keeping my fingers crossed for your grandson’s easing back into school life.

Nicole T

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol that's the recipe base I followed for my recent moussaka meal I did mine with mushrooms and chicken mince. How did you make the white sauce I was hesisitent to use the eggs and didn't use them.
I forgot to add the egg yolks. I didn't realise until I'd added the sauce to the main dish. It turned out just fine without them.

Reactions: annabell1

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
2 x boiled eggs on buttered sourdough toast had to travel 6 hours for med app yesterday to see an Endocrinologist to discuss recent DEXA bone scan so foods were more on the carbs side was unable to take pack lunch then 2 hours waiting to see doctor so

lunch was salmon sushi pack only thing able to find at 2.30pm by time came home exhausted and not thinking about what to eat was just hungry

So Cut up leftovers steak put between 2 slices of sourdough lettuce and tomato sandwich a gin and grapefruit juuce drink

Breakfast today

grilled cheese and tomato open grill black coffee

Dinner air fried chicken wing and cauliflower and pumpkin bake

A plum
20210316_192049.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My brain at the moment has produced a longing for shortbread. The keto recipes don't make what I would regard as shortbread so I may look at a true recipe and see if I can adjust it. Anyway,
Me too I can’t have it in the house its the only thing I find irresistible! I got it on my last C&C and have got onto trouble with it. Nothing goes so well with a cup of tea, does it? If you do find a LC way to make it please let me know!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Packed lunch of h/m Scotch egg and about 30g cheddar with l/c seedy crackers.
Lots of coffee, far too much I think as I’m feeling a bit ‘off’ now. Don’t fancy the lamb curry I put in the slow cooker this morning so I think I’ll call it OMAD and see how I feel tomorrow.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Three small meals today:
Breakfast half lc hm roll with boiled egg
Lunch other half of the roll with prawns in lemon juice followed by 2 squares of 100% montezumas with orange oil (yes @DJC3 I’m still steadily trying to work through my stocks! )
Dinner Cajun chicken with salads followed by DGF bakewell with yoghurt @Goonergal really enjoying the 0%fage Greek yoghurt thanks for recommending, I usually buy the 5% one - same low carb but they both taste good I think.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
b : ff greek with seeds and blueberries
L: one chicken thigh, small salad, one falafel, lc hot chocolate 2 sqs 85%
D: half a red pepper stuffed with beef, chorizo and left over veg. Had a few lentils in as wanting to see results on libre. 2 lc millionaires with cream

Onlinecaroline

Lunch - SLC roll with egg Mayo, sugar free jelly, 2 Babybel and a few slices of smoked sausage meat.

Dinner - tomahawk steak with creamed spinach, mushrooms, some keto style onion rings and homemade Bernaise sauce. Overcooked the steak sadly.

DGF lemon cake and a truffle. Have found that this combo doesn’t spike be above 5 ish so happy to be able to have a wee sweet treat.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For everyone yearning for shortbread, give this recipe a try. I add some lemon essence too to make them really lemony!
https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/lemon-almond-shortbread-cookies-low-carb-gluten-free/

My food today:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: bolognese with fried sliced courgette and a sprinkle of grated cheddar followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 1 slice slc bread buttered with corned beef & tomato. 1 Lemon drizzle DGF. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - warm chargrilled chicken & avocado salad. 1 ginger DGF warmed in microwave with double thick cream drizzled over the top

@maglil55 DGF delivered to me this morning :) - it only arrived at Peterborough at 8pm last night - so hopefully the Peterborough carry on has finished

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For everyone yearning for shortbread, give this recipe a try. I add some lemon essence too to make them really lemony!
https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/lemon-almond-shortbread-cookies-low-carb-gluten-free/

My food today:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: bolognese with fried sliced courgette and a sprinkle of grated cheddar followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Thanks Rachox they look awesome and not too many ingredients, the butter seems to be key!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Change of plans, the meatza will have to wait for tomorrow.

Today one of my cats moved to a new home. Maartje and the other two cats haven't been going along very well together, and for months I have been thinking he might be happier in a place where he would be the only cat. Last week I posted on my Facebook I was looking for a nice home with room to go outside for him. I never thought it would work, Maartje being an adult cat, but I found someone I hadn't seen in ten years who was delighted for Maartje to move in with him and his 13 year old daughter!
So I had him chipped and vaccinated last friday, and today they came to pick him up. I'm very happy for my cat but it still hit me harder than I expected, very confusing emotions so I didn't feel like cooking or eating at all.

Still, when I finally felt like eating again I had a very nice and easy meal of two small slices of low carb bread, one with cheese and tomato, one with grated celeriac, both with salt, pepper and a very generous amount of mayonnaise :hungry:.

161858645_10223102875834624_2279040748584124449_o.jpg

Goodbye Maartje, I hope you'll have a wonderful life in your new home, and I very much hope I made the right decision for you!

161106614_10223100329650971_2942251260188365465_o.jpg

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Breakfast - Palma ham with a few spinach leaves. 1 large strawberry with a dash of cream, mug of green tea :D

Reactions: shelley262

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Change of plans, the meatza will have to wait for tomorrow.

Today one of my cats moved to a new home. Maartje and the other two cats haven't been going along very well together, and for months I have been thinking he might be happier in a place where he would be the only cat. Last week I posted on my Facebook I was looking for a nice home with room to go outside for him. I never thought it would work, Maartje being an adult cat, but I found someone I hadn't seen in ten years who was delighted for Maartje to move in with him and his 13 year old daughter!
So I had him chipped and vaccinated last friday, and today they came to pick him up. I'm very happy for my cat but it still hit me harder than I expected, very confusing emotions so I didn't feel like cooking or eating at all.

Still, when I finally felt like eating again I had a very nice and easy meal of two small slices of low carb bread, one with cheese and tomato, one with grated celeriac, both with salt, pepper and a very generous amount of mayonnaise :hungry:.

161858645_10223102875834624_2279040748584124449_o.jpg

Goodbye Maartje, I hope you'll have a wonderful life in your new home, and I very much hope I made the right decision for you!

161106614_10223100329650971_2942251260188365465_o.jpg
That was a tough call yesterday but you did what you thought was best for Maarthe not you and his wellbeing you chose first. Its especially nice he has gone to someone you already know so you can find out his progress from his new home. Sending you virtual hugs.

Yesterday’s dinner as chilli meatballs with courgetti. Today usual slice ZhiLomtoast and lots of tea. Lunchtime had two slices Dr Almond bread with egg mayo on top. Tonight will be panfried lamb chop with mushrooms and side of broccoli.