Freestyle tips - and feeling a bit better

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Regarding crisps I have cut them out of my diet for the last two weeks. Replaced with cashew nuts... and pork scratchings.
I am eating a lot of pork scratching - I guess these should be a special treat as they are very salty.
If you can manage your portion control Black country snacks do 1kg bags of unsalted pork scratchings on ebay (I've had to stop because my portion control is terrible I can eat the entire kg in 2 days)

SOTR

What have you eaten today?
thanks MrsA2. My glucose was high yesterday so suspecting something else.. So today have eaten:
Lizzis granola / cream / small amount of blueberries
Several instant coffees
2 oatcakes with cheese
Small bowl of home made prawn korma (packet sauce - I did not check for carbs. Should have)

New Libre sensor today and glucose 9.6 and I have started feeling more switched on.
I seriously do think my glucose levels are affecting the way I feel and how I work (I work from home)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
do check the carbs in the granola and the oatcakes, you may be surprised

I remember feeling all sorts of weird sensations as my body adjusted to low carbs. Felt quite cold turkey the way I'd did it, so I now advocate a slower approach..

You might find you have an underlying infection of some sort, they can play havoc with bg

Trouble with diabetes and bodies is there are soooo many variables...

SOTR

Thanks MrsA2 I have started low carb in the last two weeks. I had the same feelings over Christmas, and I think they are caused by high glucose. That is why I now feel more confident as I have a meter.

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Getting mixed info on carbs, looks like there are a number of varieties some which are pretty high

https://www.paleofoodscompany.com/shop

That specific one seems 14.8 per 100 which may still be too high for some, other paleo varieties are almost double that

but it’s an option, so thanks :)
Ah but I only have 40g portion and have tested after on many occasions :)

SOTR

Just updating my own thread. After 3 weeks on a low carb diet my glucose is averaging 10 mmol/l
Clearly I have to keep going to get this down. Having a Freestyle Libre to help me monitor is fantastic, for me anyway.
I spiked to 15 this morning after a bowl of Lizzis Granola. I always remember people on this forum liking Lizzis. I suppose we are all different but for me I don't think I should have any more.

I don;t drink enough water during the day and I know that. Prior to meter I was making up diluting orange squash.
Any good ideas for something nice to drink during the day?