Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

Mine was 9.4 this morning but that is quite usual for me. Not worrying about levels and weight until Wednesday. I then have a week before I get weighed again.
I've kept up the dog walking but have not had a swim for 3 days- not enough time!

Happy Christmas everyone and a wonderful 2012 XXXX

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

7.1 this morning which wasn't as bad as I had expected considering everything I ate yesterday. I went totally overboard and had a full "day off " diabetes. I ate everything that was going :oops:

I agree with Denise-life is for living and a few days off won't hurt (I hope)

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas.

jumbleannie1VDJQ

Dislikes
Intolerance, airports, having to plan my meals

6.6 which I am happy with as I am taking time out from diabetes too. Had a lovely dinner of pork, duck. roast celeriac. (at least I think it was, but they got mixed in with the spuds), sprouts, cauli cheese and seasoned pud(modified). Even had the Xmas pud, then went out for a walk to burn some of it off.

Lovely!!!!

I ain't getting on the scales for a week or two either.lol

bedshaped2000

4.3 but i think this was due to the large amount of alcahol

jumbleannie1VDJQ

Dislikes
Intolerance, airports, having to plan my meals

Back down to6 this morning. :D

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

After the vegetarian Christmas dinner on the day, I cooked myself roast turkey with roast potatoes, sweet potato mash, braised leeks and sausages for Boxing Day :shock: . It was delicious, but I think I'm just about maxed out with carbs by now - also with wine :shock: . No bad thing, really.

6.7 this morning, 3rd time in the last 5 days. This is the highest I've been since I relaxed my diet (Dec 17th), which is not too bad, but I have to say I shall be glad to get back on to the straight and narrow. How did I ever eat like this permanently?

Viv 8)

elviscole

mine was 6.3 yestaday morning and 4.7 this morning,
havent really gone overboard as iv got another hba1c on the 10 jan,
have discovered i cant drink red wine, been having a small glass each night but found iv been getting pains in my feet so iv stopped the wine,
my treat is 85% chocolate, doesnt seem to alter my bg levels

ive also had to put a new hole in my belt so must be doing something right :D

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Elviscole, I don't let them do my HbA1c just after Christmas, it is just mean and nasty to do that, I managed to get my blood test done on 21st December. I complained about the test being done just after Christmas, but I don't think my doctor was that sympathetic, but he did say I could have it done beforehand.

I will get the results in a couple of weeks and it shouldn't be too affected by a couple of evenings out.

Mothman

Dislikes
Raw tomatoes and arrogant people.

Just done mine, 9.9, highest for ages. Am off for a fasting blood test with Doc shortly today.
Oh well.

Andy

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

4.7 fasting.

3.9 two hours post-breakfast which is an all-time low.

elviscole

))Denise(( said:
Elviscole, I don't let them do my HbA1c just after Christmas, it is just mean and nasty to do that, I managed to get my blood test done on 21st December. I complained about the test being done just after Christmas, but I don't think my doctor was that sympathetic, but he did say I could have it done beforehand.

i think mine was more a case of it being done then as my last 1 in november was 10.8 and i had a pill change, im hoping it will be around the 5-6 area as my 14 day average is 5.1

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

Yesterday (28th) I was in our local day surgery unit for a minor op, so it was part boring, part stressful, part starvation and part carbs! Didn't do a first-thing fasting test, but at 13:00 (6.5 hours after a granola breakfast) I was 5.8, which I didn't think was too bad.

The highlight of the day was the anaesthetist - from New Zealand, built like a prop forward, with gorgeous eyes! it was a pleasure to have him put me to sleep 8) . It's perfectly true - the outside grows old but the inner woman certainly doesn't! :lol: :lol: :lol:

6.4 this morning. Now if only I can get rid of the shortbread, I should be reasonably okay from now on . . .

Viv 8)

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

8.4 this morning-guess Christmas is catching up with me now :wink:

chocoholicnomore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hope your op went well Viv and you are feeling better.

BTW I'll take your shortbread if you take my chocolate :lol: :lol:

Marina

Andybiff

My glucose has been 6 and 10 only tested twice got a monitor this week. Both readings are before breakfast after 12 hours of not eating. I'm on 2 meteor min at the moment working unto 4 but have had high readings 2 hours after eating. 12.4 and 18.7 so after a panic decided to test in the morning only so far

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

viviennem said:
The highlight of the day was the anaesthetist - from New Zealand, built like a prop forward, with gorgeous eyes! it was a pleasure to have him put me to sleep 8) . It's perfectly true - the outside grows old but the inner woman certainly doesn't! :lol: :lol: :lol:

6.4 this morning. Now if only I can get rid of the shortbread, I should be reasonably okay from now on . . .

Viv 8)

Viv,
Do you know you have a lovely way of phrasing things!! :clap:
Whenever I read your posts they make me smile and I'm also 'comforted' in that our levels are still running vaguely similar.....we must both be having a break over Christmas!!
Hope you are feeling ok after your op and you didn't comfort eat all the shortbread in recovery.
Best wishes and Happy New Year. :D
Angie

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

10.4 I really must get back on the diabetes treadmill.......
Started swimming again so this will help. Emptied the house of all 'naughty' things except the wine!!!!!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

5.5 this morning - getting back to normal :D

Thanks for your good wishes, Marina and Angie - I'm feeling so much better now it's over. All the staff in the Day Surgery unit were wonderful. Just waiting for the histology report now, but I'm not worried about that - no point worrying until I know for certain.

As for the shortbread - my 'throw it away' good sense is arguing with my Yorkshire thriftiness. Don't waste good food! I should have taken it with me to give to the nurses. I did give them a small tin of biscuits, but I should have taken the rest in with me.

Viv 8)

markd

5.1 this morning - very late at 11-30 and no breakfast.

Perhaps I shouldn't have eaten so many chunks of the chocolate-covered crystalized ginger after dinner last night...

MarkD

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

I hope you're feeling 100% today Viv and the results of the histology report are good. It's the waiting that I find the worst. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Bloods this morning were 4.7 fasting, then 5.2 two-hours post breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.