Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow... Wonders will never cease..

During a consultation just now with my endo. He asks, "are you still using the Libre?"
Your A1c has improved really well."

Cheers & yes I am. Any chance on getting it prescribed?

"Well," he said, you don't fit the criteria. But I'll write your GP to change the prescription.."

Reactions: urbanracer

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee That’s great news! I believe you’ve been trying for awhile now!
about 2 years?

Now, i'm not adverse to finger pricking. But the sensor is a great tool with regarding steering the management on the fly..

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But fingers love having sensors and more resting time lol!

I kind of convinced the guy that with what I do job wise, the bloodletting is inappropriate to food hygiene standards.
& in other positions I'm up to my elbows in grease & metal shards..
The jobs do vary. I'm working for a small firm laying fake grass this week...

RVW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, i am new to the forum and not sure if i’m posting this in the correct place.
Even though new to the forum i’m not new to diabetes, been type 1 diabetic for 33 years.
Recently had my yearly eye test and had my results back telling me i have got diabetic maculopathy and to have further testing so i am wondering has anyone else gone through this?

Thanks, RVW

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @RVW Welcome! We ask all sorts of things here, but to get more replies from everyone on that specific question you might put it as a new thread completely? More people will see it that way.

I hope you are okay, always scary stuff involving the eyes. Hugs.

Reactions: oldgreymare

RVW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @RVW Welcome! We ask all sorts of things here, but to get more replies from everyone on that specific question you might put it as a new thread completely? More people will see it that way.

I hope you are okay, always scary stuff involving the eyes. Hugs.

Thanks for the the reply Marie 2, i will try the question on a new thread, i’m sure i’ll get used to the forum soon enough.
Apart from worrying a bit from the eye thing i am fine thanks for asking.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
‘Arternoon all, not been here for a while, so just checking in.
@Marie 2, how’s the recovery going after the horrendous floods and landslides? It’s just not what was needed with everything else that’s going on.
Not much happening here. Husband’s just taken a load to the dump, in my car, under my booking. Some of it’s quite heavy so I’m overjoyed he’s taken it upon himself to do it. Garden clearing, bits and pieces hauled out from lurking places under the bushes, cardboard boxes (dismantled), a defunct cast iron chimney and a defunct BBQ: feels great.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi everyone, i am new to the forum and not sure if i’m posting this in the correct place.
Even though new to the forum i’m not new to diabetes, been type 1 diabetic for 33 years.
Recently had my yearly eye test and had my results back telling me i have got diabetic maculopathy and to have further testing so i am wondering has anyone else gone through this?

Thanks, RVW
Hi @RVW, can't help with your question but I like your Staffie and hope you get a more useful answer than this soon. I agree and start a new thread for a better reach.

RVW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi SueJB, i did post my question on a new thread and got a couple of responses which was good but i suppose i`ve just got to wait and see what my next appointment tells me about my eyes.
Glad you like my my staffie, he`s not with me anymore but i like to use him as my profile pic`s.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, busy few days with all kinds of stuff, including falling over a fallen tree branch concealed by long grass. Put my back out, and sitting at a computer does it no good, hence not being around too much.

Congrats @Jaylee, look forward to saving all that dosh! Great news.

Hi @RVW I joined this forum with over 30 years T1 and have learned so much from a lot of really great people. I've also appreciated posting to people who actually know what it's like to live with T1. Btw, my dog's no longer with me either; a number of us have lost wonderful dogs over the past not-so-long.

Hope everyone else is well, and if you live in an area like mine, you'll be enjoying a break from interminable rain and watching the ground gradually dry out.

RVW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi hh1, hope you’re back doesn’t give you to much jip for long, that sort of thing normally happens to me as well, i’m definitely accident prone to say the least, lol
I think it will help me a lot being able to chat to other type 1’s and maybe find out some useful tips along the way.