What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloods back to 6.00 this morning. Diagnosed with an ear infection yesterday which was/is knocking everything else out of kilter. Interesting discussion with GP though about diabetes and he has suggested it may be worth trying the ND diet again to see if I can get to Diabetes resolved status. I am not sure he actually understands what that means, but as I have already been thinking of trying this again to see if I can improve things. Can I do the ND again, not really sure, my body went into starvation mode last time and I still have an ectopic heart beat as a result, but its may be worth thinking about.

Reactions: annabell1 and Pasha

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 for me today. Though I didn’t check until after a cup of coffee.
@Ryhia. When you consider ND , do you mean Very Low Calorie using meal replacement products?
Are you needing to lose weight as well as reduce HbA1c?
The ear infection will most likely be causing erratic blood glucose levels. So might be best not to make drastic changes to diet until that is cleared.

I have, on occasions repeated short periods of using ND method to lose some weight and stabilise BG levels. It works for me better than I F , but I do not have underlying cardiac issues.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
Tue 5.9
Wed 6.1
Today 5.6 at 0550.

The Monday figures after my little non-diabetic meal experiment were entirely normal all day.
Out of interest did exactly the same thing with same meal on Monday and figures after that and all day Tuesday also well inside non diabetic ranges, fasting BG slightly higher but shoulder of sleeplessness isn’t fully tamed yet and DP won’t help.

Managing to run before early shifts is not something I ever expected to be doing !

Off to run now as not on shift today, just hectic office day today.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.1 Left Hand & 7.4 Right Hand - Both are truly depressing. I’m Adhering to “The Program” yet I still can’t force back down to the 6s. Last few nights I’ve had better sleeping patterns.This is real tough. How long does it take for the Liver to be “rinsed” of Sugar? It would appear I’m on a plateau with no rope ladder to ease myself down off it. Going to go for walk today.